Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cowboys & Angels

• 25-07-2004 1:07am

Has anyone seen it? The film comes from the mastermind behind such jewels as "About Adam" and the ever popular television show "The Big Bow Wow". *shudder*.

I haven't seen it, but I think I will. I am always in hope of watching an Irish made film and liking it. I am yet to be satisfied.

Its about a countryboy who goes to Limerick, meets a very camp fashion student guy and falls in love with said camp fashion student guy's best friend. And did you know its set in Limerick!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the ads make me want to vomit,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

Saw it last nite was funny in places!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yeah looks a bit dodgey to me but you never know.

If you're looking for a satisfying Irish film then hold your breath until the end of August when Adam and Paul is coming out. It's excellent. Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm going to go and see it. I like seeing Ireland on the not-actually-silver screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Its brilliant.

Of course, David Gleeson is an uncle in law, so I would say that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

Is all dreadfully flat and trite. A mix of Queery Eye For The Straight Guy with a standard Oirish film. I do actually admire the change in Irish cinema since About Adam, but god almighty, it's time to step up to a higher level. This is the sort of soap-plot which even Fair City would consider as just an add-on, one of those bubbling-under behind the scenes stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Bad movie that I would recommend to no-one. Bad acting from the homosexual, too much angst from the bogger (actually he wasn't that bad) and too much crap non-acting from the slapper.

The gay guy came across like Arnold J. Rimmer the whole time - I kept expecting him to say 'I was Alexander the Great's chief eunuch!' but no such luck.

Some really terrible directorial choices - the slow-mo in the fashion show springs immediately to mind - and the whole film doesn't really amount to much. Follow your dream - oh how profound!

I guess being the gay capital of Ireland is better than being the murder capital of Ireland so thanks for that anyway Cowboys & Angels!

Advertisement