Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movie soundtracks

Options
  • 25-07-2004 7:36am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

this look's like the best place for this sort of thing!

Just wondering how many people buy original score's of movie's? or download ( i aint irma),

just downloaded the opening theme to spiderman 2 and found it was such a cool track, and i normally dont lissen to that sort of music.

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'll buy a good soundtrack once it's not one of those "Songs Written For And Inspired By The Movie" type things. Great soundtracks worth checking out are Requiem For A Dream, any of Ennio Morricone spaghetti western scores and Trouble Every Day. They'd be my favourites that I can think of right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'd buy the soundtracks to scarface and bladerunner if i had the cash to spare, Moroder and Vangellis rock meh world.

not many other original scores that interest me tbh

Ravenous has to be one of the best scores of recant years. Damon Albarn and Michael Nyman do a superb job of conveying the eerieness of the film.

oh yeah, Michael Nyman, how could I forget him! The Piano is a class soundtrack. Also the Alien score by Jerry Goldsmith is worth checking out (but is currently not available but due to Goldsmith's recent death I'm sure a re-release is in the works).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Transformers: The Movie OST is really good ;) *

*if you're into cheesy 80s synth-pop

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hecate

Who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Darko
    Ravenous has to be one of the best scores of recant years. Damon Albarn and Michael Nyman do a superb job of conveying the eerieness of the film.

I agree 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Hecate
    Transformers: The Movie OST is really good ;) *

heh, added to my download cue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

transformers soundtrack is pretty brilliant!!

a beautiful mind ost is excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The soundtrack to The Wicker Man is probably my personal favourite, but that might be because the film itself in my fave.

• Advertisement

Scoring by Thomas Newman (American Beauty) is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

"O Brother, Where Art Thou?" OST. Though I do like the Spiderman ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I have a few movie soundtracks, although I tend to only get the classical music scores i.e. Star Wars or The Last of the Mohicans.

I'd love to get the soundtrack to Donnie Darko though.

The Kill Bill Vol. 1 OST is also in my collection. Quentin Tarentino knows how to pic a good soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

The Matrix ST is one of my favourite albums, waaaaaay better than the second and third ones.

The Virgin Suicides ST by Air is another great album. Well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Donnie Darko
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    American Beauty

All mentioned already and top stuff.

One of favourites is the soundtrack to "The Beach" worth checking out if you ain't got it.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Lord of the Rings - I can actually never get those themes out of my head.

and re: Transformers "YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POW-ER" (cue guitar chords ripped straight from Van Halen's Jump) [emphatically] "YEAH!" (cue fúcking atrocious guitar ****)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Revan

Was really disappointed with the Reloaded and Revolutions soundtracks. Gone in 60 seconds has some good stuff on it, not that you would expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not big into listening to music from the films but the soundtracks to all the Quentin Tarantino films bar Jackie Brown are failry constantly on my playlist-ditto the two towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The Requiem for a Dream soundtrack is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

someone already mentioned the matrix and donnie darko. the scores for those movies are great as is the soundtrack (sadly the donnie darko one didn't get released due to legal issues, but the score is available).

i'm almost a fan of danny elfman (spiderman, batman, sleepy hollow, etc. etc.), though i tend to download main themes and end credit themes rather then the bit where the 2 characters have a little conversation and kiss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tylerdurden

are we talking about the scores or the soundtracks (if they are the right two terms!)
    you know what i mean though.
    I used to be into both, though scores less and less these days.

Angel Heart though, great soundtrack. (mix of original music score and misc. songs)

RumbleFish - love this film so I got the score recently after looking for it for years...

Used to like the soundtrack to Drugstore Cowboy but I lost it.

I also used to like the score to Naked Lunch but haven't listened to that for years.

Hellboy has a good soundtrack.
    Im currently searching the internet for it.

Advertisement