Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going watercooling again, should i consider innovatek?

Options
  • 25-07-2004 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ive watercooled a few times before and i always went with the danger den maze 1/2" big eheim solution, worked fine but that big tubing can be hard to fit in a case!!

Ive looked at the innovatek gear hitide are selling and it looks nice, i know that ze germans prefer a different style of wc to the americans hence the slow pump, but the eheim 1046 really worrys me,

how does a single rad innovatek setup perform with cpu and gpu cooling, is it much better or much worse than a danger den set up with bigger tubing and pump?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I got the XXS set from hitide and currently i have 1 rad,the cpu and gfx card hooked up.The cpu is 45'C idle( 2800+ Barton) atm and the gfx card is 40'C (5900Ultra) ,thats with 1 x 120mm fan at 5Volts...

The european WC set have smaller tubing and ''slow pumps'' where as the americans have huge tubing and powerful pumps,From the reviews of waterblocks i have seen the max differance in temp cpu due to a faster flow rate of water was 2-3'C Max.

I find nothing wrong with the 1046 tbh...within the next week im gonna have a 3800+ and 6800Ultra hooked up with 2 rads hopefully with 2x120mm fans on each of em, im expecting that there should no problems with temps.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

45 degrees idle on the barton, not great is it?

Nope, but as i said it's with 1 rad and 1 120mm fan at 5Volts with the 5900Ultra aswell.;)

I should get some sweet numbers next week when im fully finished modding my pc.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I the same basic kit as combat only its a twin rad setup(no GFX block) on a p4 2.8 i get 30c Idle and 35c on load....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171568&highlight=watercooling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Combatcow

You should check out the forums at www.overclockers.co.uk there is going to be a price drop in the Amd64's which might be a intrest to you.

• Advertisement

Well i bought the 3800+ 2 weeks ago, now...it's gone down by E60...a well :rolleyes:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by Cyrus
    Ive watercooled a few times before and i always went with the danger den maze 1/2" big eheim solution, worked fine but that big tubing can be hard to fit in a case!!

Ive looked at the innovatek gear hitide are selling and it looks nice, i know that ze germans prefer a different style of wc to the americans hence the slow pump, but the eheim 1046 really worrys me,

how does a single rad innovatek setup perform with cpu and gpu cooling, is it much better or much worse than a danger den set up with bigger tubing and pump?
    Hi,

the thing is: size doesn't matter (ok, ok I know it does, but not with watercooling ;)

The eheim 1046 provides around 300 litres per hour which comes down to around 5 litres per minute (the new eheim HPPS provides a little more).
    When used with 8mm tubing, the flow is reduced to around ~3 litres per minute.
    Innovatek (like most other watercoolers available) are designed to work with maximum efficiency at ~2 litres per minute.

So, when you install a bigger pump, bigger tubing etc. it is relatively sure that you won't get a much lower temps (the water needs time to absorb the heat, thats why the xx-flow "swirls" the water to provide more contact area for heat transfer).

The thing with the single rad is: A single rad is absolutely ok when you don't want to overclock it to the extremes. My current setup is a XP3200, graphics card, two harddrives connected to the single rad and my temps are around 45 degrees when playing battlefield vietnam. And the fan runs with 7 volts.
    So I would say it works quite well (by the way: all what counts when watercooling is the watertemperature, which should not exceed 40 degrees for a longer time).

You can always connect a fan controller to the rad-fan, and if necessary run that thing with 12 volts when you need it.

regards,
    jow

Advertisement