Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre Season matches

• 25-07-2004 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd open a thread so everyone could let us know who's doing well for their club, etc.

From the Irish, Andy Reid scored a wonder goal from 30 yards against some American team in a 1-1 draw last week. Morrison scored his first ever Birmingham hatrick in a 5-1 against a German side also last week. Alan Quinn scored 2 in 2 for Sheff Utd Santini seems to prefer Stephen Kelly over Carr at RB for Spurs, I don't think Carr has started a game yet. Robbie Keane has started them all AFAIK and scored one. 19 year old Mark Yeates started todays (3PM kick off) match for Spurs.

For those of you who want to watch the US tour, there's a live stream available here:
    http://rtlztv.rtl.nl/rtlzbroad

Paul McShane has a good chance of starting for United tonight as they have a few injury concerns at the back, since I'm on 56k maybe someone could let us know how he does.

Chelsea look like they've got a bargain in Kezman and Craig Beattie has done himself no harm in his chances of replacing Larsson with his two goals last night.

Rangers are doing well, beating Roma 4-1 and Fulham 1-0 (Celtic also beat them, 2-0), Prso scored a superb overhead kick.

/edit, Keane just scored to make it Sheff Utd 1-1 Spurs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Over at Arsenal.....

Van Persie seams to be settleing in well. 3 Goals in 3 Games. And Bergkamp scoring regulary. They won last night,2-1, against Grazer AK

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Rangers are doing well, beating Roma 4-1 and Fulham 1-0 (Celtic also beat them, 2-0), Prso scored a superb overhead kick.
    Indeed, lovely goal.

Arsenal have played 3 pre-season friendlies so far, 10-1 against Barnet, 3-2 against NK Maribor and 2-1 against Grazer AK. Wenger has fielded teams almost entirely of players under 23, but I imagine he'll introduce a few more experienced players in the next few games against Sturm Graz, River Plate and Ajax.

Probably the most impressive players from the 3 games have been Hoyte, Pennant and Van Persie, although the other kids have also done well. Hoyte has been played at centre-back, while Pennant and Van Persie have been deployed on the flanks. VP in particular looks very talented and has scored in every game so far (screamer vs Barnet, header vs Maribor, volley vs Grazer) along with Bergkamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Good news for the Irish and Celtic fans, McGeady is without a doubt the best prospect I've ever witnessed in the SPL and probably the whole of Britain. He played superb against Newcastle tonight. He definitely has the confidence and abilty to jump straight into the team but MON likes to take things slow and I won't argue with him.:) Celtic won 2-1 BTW, Sylla and Camara with the goals, Bellamy for Newcastle.

Kevin Kilbane scored a cracker with his right foot today, his second in as many matches. He's looking one of Everton's best players.

Advertisement