Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Stores !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

most of the day reading a forum with 100 posts,
    most of which are ads and just some messing about by the admin.

whats so good about them , besides blatantly being an online store selling subsidised phones?

also do you know if its a scam as its been up for less than a few days but seems to have some "previous customers" popping up to encourage other would be buyers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Whats so good about them is that it's Daniel's site. Why don't you just say "Hey, check out my cool site?", rather than fluffing around?

Advertising at its worst....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

that would explain this post and his sig i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Daniel1

Fair points but some of its members are members of boards.ie !

A forum has to start somewhere and when one starts up they would usually advertise it as much as they could !

no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So sad....

Brutal colour scheme too...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre

I got a new toy!! [Asus P4C800-E Deluxe] [Pentium 4 2.8E @ 3.6] [512mb OCZ Pc4000 CS 2.5 4-4-7] [Dell 18.1 inch TFT] [Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX] [Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers] [Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB @ 451/379] [Antec Sonata Case] [2x37.5GB Western Digital Raptors - Raid 0 array] [160GB Western Digital Caviar] [NEC ND-2500A DVD-RW]

I wouldn't go with your definition of the word "sad" anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Originally posted by Daniel1
    Fair points but some of its members are members of boards.ie !

A forum has to start somewhere and when one starts up they would usually advertise it as much as they could !

no ?
    Fair enough, and good luck with your new forum. However, surely you would not like people coming to your forum and advertising their new mobile forum? That's exactly what you are doing by using the boards.ie mobile forum to advertise your own mobile forum.

I remember a similar thing happening in Home Entertainment and it was frowned upon.

I can understand a forum being frowned upon but why would ppl frown upon it if its content was good ?

Is it really that bad ?

I think its ok, I put up a post asking for some help with my 8310 and I got it in less than an hour !

The site is 11 days old and 1t has 15 members and over 100 posts on it another forum site everything.ie forum has 23 registered users, 21 topics and 45 posts and its nearly 3 months old !

I'd like to see this forum do well as I'm mobile phone fanatic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Daniel1
    I can understand a forum being frowned upon but why would ppl frown upon it if its content was good ?

Is it really that bad ?
    Yes. Yours is a commercial site (you're selling mobiles for a start). And trying to pimp your wares for free on Boards.ie prohibited. Banned.

Buy some advertising you cheapskate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement