Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone got "Last Mile Wireless" Broadband ??

• 25-07-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Im planning on gettin a 1 meg connection with Last Mile Wireless.

It would be nice to hear someones opinion that already has it or had it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

I was thinking about getting it as i cannot get dsl but it seems very bad value at 39.99 pm for a 512 connection with a 10gb capand their connection ratio is only 40:1. what does anyelse think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Wow that was some post recovery, almost 2 years in the wilderness! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Wow that was some post recovery, almost 2 years in the wilderness! :rolleyes:

LoL
    Nice to know some people use the search option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Well if you cannot get ADSL, it definitely makes a lot sense. Also consider that you don't need a landline to get it, so once you factor that in, it isn't as expensive as it first seems.

For example, if you want 1mb broadband with a 10GB cap from Eircom, it's €30 a month. Plus line rental at €25 a month. Total €55. So not all that bad value really, especially if you cannot get ADSL in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

Gaming wise the lastmile 512k/128k connection has been pants pings are annoyingly high i.e. 100+ spiking constantly. Up until a month ago it pinged quite nicely round the 50 mark. Considering the 1m/512k connection atm but i wonder if it will be worth the effort can anyone honestly tell me if that will lower the ping because its driving me mental :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

i have been with last mile since oct 05 and there service is CRAP :mad: at least twice a week the connection fails for at least an hour, and there customer service is brutal still waiting for someone to contact me, i left 5 messages in a 3 week period. i have to stay with them where i live i dont think eircom will ever set up bb (too rural)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

If anyone is using LMWBB 512 or higher try this out

http://www.irishisptest.com/

Let us now what ye think of the results.

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Cant get it to work 4 sum reason.
    Tested connection last nite on www.internetfrog.com. Ran it bout 5 times. Quality of service ranged from 35% to 70%, also the maximum pause was serious each time, 250ms on average. This is a pathetic service. Cant wait for sum other provider to come along.

Edit: just ran it again max pause was 550ms. Quality of service 40%. pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Hi PogMoThoin,

Sounds like you don't have Java on your machine. You can download it free from: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

No, I just wasnt double clickin. Dont have to on internet frog, just runs. single click wont get it running. Silly me!

Have got results threads on broadband forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement