Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds (tutoring)

Options
  • 25-07-2004 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Did many of you get grinds coming up to the LC?? How long before?? How much did you have to pay?? Where would they normally be done??

I'm asking this because I'm considering giving grinds next (academic) year, i.e. from September-ish. I'm particularly interested in what people getting physics grinds had to pay/would expect to pay. I'm in Waterford city, and will be going into my second year of an engineering degree, having done higher level physics for LC and spent done a fairly intensive physics course as part of the 1st year of my course.

Brendan

Did you get grinds?? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I got grinds in maths. They were on from September. But I started after Xmas. They were on every monday, for my group, the teacher dude did them 3 times a week. It was 12.50 a go. Coming up to the actual leaving cert he put on cramming sessions on Saturdays and sundays. Blitz courses. If it wasn't for him, I could've done mighty terrible. I am very grateful to him. And it was well worth the 500 I gave him easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Hmmm - how many was in your group?? €12.50 seems v. cheap for grinds. I know of people who were paying €20 for maths grinds per person in groups of 3. Thanks for the feedback.

Brendan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sorry, failed to mention taht, and it's quite important. He had classes as such, in a granny flat type extention out his backgarden. 12 to a class. But generally 8 - 10 were regulars. He was a life saver. Just put things in perspective. Nice guy too. Heh, he used to curse and give out bout the maths. Made it all the more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Sounds a lot like my maths teacher. He was really sound, always making jokes and stuff. Cheers for that.

Brendan

Advertisement