Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Word question

Options
  • 25-07-2004 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I was just writing up something there in word. it was a list and now i have realised that some off the positions in the list i don't need or r empty eg. 75, 76, 77, where 76 is the number i don't need. is there a way to get the list to refresh/ rejig itself so that it starts off the numbers again minus the one i don't want anymore so that i don't have to change them all by hand. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cleareyed

It depends on how you did the list in the first place. If you typed in the numbers you will have to delete them all. Then select the list and use the FORMAT menu, go to bullets and numbering and click on the option you want. Should do it automatically for you.
    If you want to get adventurous you can try non contiguous selection and delete all the typed numbers at once if they are at the start of a line: you will need some space after them to do this safely. Hold down ctrl key and alt key and click mouse button and hold it down as you draw down over just the typed numbers. They will be selected. Hit delete.

Advertisement