Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting a table over an image

Options
  • 26-07-2004 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

i'm fairly new to web design and i'm using dreamweaverMX.

how can i put a table over an image?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No but i would use a floating layer

actually come to think of it, this is like setting the image as the background image for the table. Then you can do what ever u want over the image, like text etc. if that what u wanna do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well if you could take some time to see my site www.gamebashers.net you can see in 1024*768 the text over shoots the news box.

but if you look it at 1154*864 (i think) it fits perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well that because the layer is two wide. Make its width 560px or something. But you should slice the box up in Adobe image ready and place a cell where the text goes. I'll do it for ya if u don't have image ready

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have adobe photoshop which i used to make the slices for the images.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    No but i would use a floating layer

actually come to think of it, this is like setting the image as the background image for the table. Then you can do what ever u want over the image, like text etc. if that what u wanna do
    can't remember what happens with css but IIRC the normal background image attribute for a table has different results in netscape and MSIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by kbannon
    can't remember what happens with css but IIRC the normal background image attribute for a table has different results in netscape and MSIE

Only if you use them in individual cells. If you set a background for the entire table, it should be fine.

cr3m0: Why are you placing the DIV outside the TABLE? Put your DIV inside a table cell (and set the cells background), or set the DIVs background using CSS.

Advertisement