Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphone choices......

Options
  • 26-07-2004 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I know theres another headphones thread at the moment but i didn't want to hijack it and am also looking for recommendations for a pair of headphones (big style,not earbuds).I've been doing some reading up on headphones but still am not sure what to go for.(so many headphones,so few apparent differences)

Want them mainly for listening to music (most genres,) and would usually be plugged into a hi-fi/pc and occasionally into a TV.Wouldn't be used on anything portable.Open/closed doesn't really matter.Stlye isn't a concern.I'd be willing to spend 55/60 tops

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have Sennheiser PX 100s.
    Very comfortable, and good sound from them too. They're open.

I use them with my mp3 player though, and sometimes plug them into my computer. Dunno what they would be like plugged into a tv or hi-fi.

Cost about €50 in Tower Records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I love my Beyer Dynamic DT 231's they are comfortable ro bust and sound well for over all use:) :):) They come in at below the 50E price mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

I was looking at the px 100/200's all right,they seem pretty handy but was thinking how small they are compared to full headphones - would that affect quality much?Still though they would make a good medium between earbuds and full size headphones.Plus that foldy-uppy thing looks nice :D

Could you pick up those Beyer's in Dublin or would you need to get that strange internet thingy i've been hearing so much about.I'm in need of some good headphones pretty quikcly but don't want to fork out a small fortune.

a)I don't have the hardware to do do seriously expensive headphones justice

and b) Even if i did i probably wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference between a pair costing 100 euro and 1000 euro - i'll never be an audiophile, just want a decent all round pair for at home.

Cheers anyways for the suggestions guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

DT 231
    APPLICATIONS
    Winner of the “What HiFi” award! Such was the enthusiasm of the press that it went on to be featured in mainstream media and in “boys toys” sections of the glossy magazines.

FEATURES
    • Closed design
    • Adjustable headband
    • Wide frequency range
    • Single-sided cable
    • 3.5mm and 6.5 mm gold, jack adaptor
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Frequency response 20 - 18,000 Hz.
    Nominal impedance 32 ohm
    Nominal SPL 95 dB
    Weight (w/out cable) 130 g

Why not call 00 44 1444 258258 and they will direct you to an Irish seller or you could get them sent direct. In 1984 I bought a pair of DT 100's from Beyerdynamic in the UK, 19 years later still going strong. I love their products!!!

Advertisement