Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with c++

Options
  • 26-07-2004 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I have to repeat my second year c++ exam as I failed misserably due to poor attendance this year.

Is there any program or online guide I can get to guide me through it.

Thanks for any help.

BloodBath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

just do loads of practice, get all the notes, do all the projects (without copying), you should be ok.

practice is the main thing, c++ is not really learnable from a book. Doesnt really matter what compiler etc you use but 'DEV-C++' is fine. 'Thinking in C++' and 'Accelerated c++' are both good books but you really need to write a few hunred lines of code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'd second Thinking in C++, but theres no point in going through a third party guide when your lecturer has set out an examinable course.

Get some past exam papers (and course notes) and make sure you know all the theory elements required for the exam. Then go through the lab assignments you did (or were supposed to do) during the year. Perhaps, get some solutions to them. They should cover all the code you will be expected to know (and understand) for the exam. If you can understand how the problems are solved then you should have no problem passing the exam.

Advertisement