Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing a Car From the UK

Options
  • 26-07-2004 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace my 1993 1.6 VTec Civic Coupe with a ~1996 2.0i VTec Accord Coupe. The problem is that there is nothing much available in Ireland but there's some mad action in the UK.

Can I buy in the UK and bring it over on the car ferry and get it registered here (Ireland)? Does it cost much?

It's great cause the insurance companies talk to me now! I could even get insured on a 2.2L VTec! My brother is getting a Prelude shortly so I don't want to be left completely behind.

Many thanks,

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Yes, and It depends.

this topic has come up before. Search on this forum or on oasis.ie and look for 'VRT'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Originally posted by silverside
    Yes, and It depends.

this topic has come up before. Search on this forum or on oasis.ie and look for 'VRT'.
    Thanks for the reply Silverside. I did look through the forum already but I couldn't find any joy there. www.oasis.ie seems a bit of an odd site to be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with importing cars.

Thanks,

Nick

Ah ha, found what you mentioned! Great, so VRT is to be scrapped at some stage? Any ideas when that's gonna happen?

Nick

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    Ah ha, found what you mentioned! Great, so VRT is to be scrapped at some stage? Any ideas when that's gonna happen?

Nick
    When pigs fly over a blue moon. The govt. cannot do without the money brought in by VRT so they will not let it go without a fight!

Originally posted by kbannon
    When pigs fly over a blue moon. The govt. cannot do without the money brought in by VRT so they will not let it go without a fight!
    Well that's a real pain. I'll have to go for something in Ireland then.

Thanks,

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Anyone else reckon a sticky on this topic may be useful? Seems similar questions on this are coming up around once a week...

Advertisement