Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

{request} ... laptop case

• 26-07-2004 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

hoping to buy a case for my laptop so i can put it in the boot when i go places

it has to have padded sides and be slightly rain proof and have a few pockes for charger and the floppy drive

any ideas where i could get one for under €50

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Not a case but more of a bag....Tesco in the new Clarehall shopping centre have laptop bags from 20-35 quid. I got the 35 quid one. Padded sides and plenty of storage. Opens both sides. The brand name escapes me though. I have enough room for charger/network leads/etc too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

brilliant, i'll try the tescos in rathmins and blanchardstown today

sorry but i don't know where Clarehall shopping centre is

Thanks,, :)

edit-- malahide thanks mr google search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ColmC

I got my laptop bag in argos, a little under 50 euro. Looks like a normal backpack, wouldnt know theres a laptop in it, very handy for college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Agreed, get a laptop backpack, doesnt have SNATCH ME written on it the way laptop bags do :)

i had a look in dunnes and tescos, and got a briefcase style one in dunnes for €25 not much padding, but i just wanted something to hold the laptop steady while its in the car

not to worried about the snatch me thing,as i won't be walking down any streets with it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

I got a Targus one in Dixons or PC World for 59.99 (Marked down)

Its full leather, and looks pure class.

BluE-WinG wrote:
    I got a Targus one in Dixons or PC World for 59.99 (Marked down)

Its full leather, and looks pure class.

nah thats too expensive, i'd rather drink the €60 and have no case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭daveathome_16

pound city have got laptop cases for 10 euro,

they look fairly alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Here's the one I got:

http://www.casedirect.com/images/p27960x.jpg

What you can't see is that there is a second opening on the underside for more storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'd say try argos, I got mine from there and it's great. They have just released a new cataloge in the last week, so if you haven't tried them lately, give it a shot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement