Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamkilling

Options
  • 10-05-1999 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is directed to Genestealer.
    If I ever see you again I am going to kill YOU no matter what team your on.
    KODIAK Ithink the fella who killed you was Genestealer under a differnet name. If you see him kick him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Anyone who names themselves after a plastic Space Hulk figure needs help, not vengeance smile.gif

--Brit--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

anyone who knows it's named after a space hulk plastic figure also needs help.
    Me included it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

Right on ChungKing smile.gif I would laugh too.

In fact - wouldn't it be absolutely choice to have face animations to match the V-A-? keys. Just imaging the fun you could have.......lol.

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

hehe..yeah..and maybe even having him/her bent over laughing..or rolling around on the ground (less likely)...they should really implement that in one of their patches or tribes2 =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 froggie

Hey Coyote,

I so agree with you. Unfortunately people are not always as reasonable as you'd like them to be. I've been playing many games utterly spoiled cos a bunch of guys were accusing each other of TKing... And then it's like you're in the middle of a pub fight. Everybody gets involved at one stage and nobody knows who started the damn fight in the first place smile.gif

Of course there'll always be other scenarios. Like when you use mortars unappropriately and kill half a dozen greens to get to 1 enemy. I've done it before and I apologized and I believe that's part of the process of learning. It's easy to get under pressure in this game and when you're not very experienced it's also easy to use the wrong weapon.

I experienced some rough treatment once. I was defending the flag (surprise smile.gif) on Scarabrae and mortared a red thinking nobody was around. That poor ******* was just coming down the hallway. Well, after I said sorry (Lucifa's voice might have softened his heart a bit smile.gif), this guy started yelling all over that I killed him on purpose, that no red was around (although the script clearly stated that I killed one) bla bla bla... I defended myself for a while but then what's the point? That guy was clearly on for trouble. So I ignored him and went back to the game. Oh and thank you Tempest for defending me then.

People have to stop being so touchy. As YuM mentioned earlier if a vote for Kicking someone (serious offence after all) comes from someone I deem reasonable, then I'll consider voting for it. If not I'll ignore it and be back to the game.

Froggy

• Advertisement

Hey Froggy, you remind me of a line in an otherwise crap film recently.

Its 'lost in space' and the lads are going at it, so wifey comes out with something along the lines of...

"Looks like I'm going to have to hose down the decks with all the testosterone flying around"

... or something like that anyway. smile.gif

Thats what happens in these games girl. Gets out of hand and the EGOS come out to play, instead of the teamwork.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.....

Its a bunch of pixels, a screen image - not real life!!!!!

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Lads and lassies - you've got to get some perspective here. Its only a game, pixels on the screen etc.

I had an incident lately where I toasted an NME upon entering the base in Scarabrae, made my way past the ext. turret and into the right hand entrance on a smidgin of health in heavy armour. I jet up to the tunnel leading to the flag, turn the corner and see a heavy in the distance. My finger hit the trigger before I realised, and I TK'd a heavy team-mate, carrying the NME flag. I couldn't see the 'green triangle' clearly in the tunnel because he had the flag and I reacted 'trigger happy' in an NME base - so my fault, accepted.

I send an 'apology' message immediately, picked the flag up and tried to get it back to my base. I get creamed on the way, respawn in the base and then have the other guy continuously TK me, even though I'm typing my explaination and apologising - he is accusing me of doing this three times in a row or something etc. He'd lost the plot entirely at this stage and everyone else was getting involved.

Basically the situation gets out of control, other (more saner) voices are saying 'calm down, its a game' and I'm agreeing, trying to relax things. Next thing they other guy is looking to get me kicked - which most people reasonably voted against.

Now those of you who know me should by now know that TK'ing is not my style and when I make any kind of mistake I usually follow it with an apology / explaination in text.

The point I'm making is that TK'ing can happen by accident, or by design. Knowing the difference is the critical issue. Going POSTAL at the first sign of a TK is not always the answer - since it causes distraction among your team, may be unjustified given the circumstances, and hightens the risk of your flag being capped in the ensuing madness.

Get some perspective - its a game, not real life.

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

ps. You will note that even though I could have, I do not mention the other player's name - since to do so will only promote even more aggrevation and/or discussion; which serves no purpose on the battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

TK'ing for defenders is a way of life.. if you see a attacker (particulary a good one) in your flag room or even near it .. whoomph off goes the morter, team-mates will respawn close by anyway.. I'll say sorry ! (I might even mean it sometimes wink.gif )

That DX match on sunday both Brit & myself ended up at -3 !

Theres also the odd reaction TK (like CL Coyote above) turn a corner, see something, FIRE.. better safe than dead..

The thing is One shot dosen't make someone a tk'er or think of where u were when u die.. that flag tunnel in scara is a dangerous place to be normally (forgetting about the above incident)... if someone takes offence to a mistake / accident expect to be kicked..

I almost without hesitation vote to kick anyone a (sane) regular suggests.

ya'all play nice now! ya hear!!...

YuM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i can just see myself in heavy armor with a mortar shouting at hellfire to paint the genestealer tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

ditto - i had a funny one where the nme was in scara & he nails me up on the balcony over the big 'hangar' room. I respawn & rushrushrush back to where i last saw him - turn around a corner, run into somebody (him i thought) and basically go 'waaaah!' shoot reflexively and tk a teammate

and the guy freaks - but I was in a good mood so I just said sorry & laughed at him smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Maybe Mr Nog should take a look at all those fine bridges in tribes and take up a old building task he has outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Guilty as a big huge guilty thing with a flashing neon "Guilty" sign on it...

Yes I've had a recent experience with being an unintentional Tk'er on Scarabrae. Poor Kegser and Shinji, they had the misfortune of being in my way when i was going hell for leather to keep nasty dudes out of the base in a heavy. Kegser was legging it down a hill and i was firing mortars from the base at the guy he was chasing, I miss the nme but was accurately able to hit Kegs square on (wait a minute, Green triangle is Good, Red triangle is BAAD). And i wont even talk about how many times Shinji took friendly fire from me. They took it quite well tho, and only started complaining after about the 3rd time smile.gif

You must be mistaking me for somebody who gives a ****..
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

sure, everybody teamkills ! most times it's not purposely, but if your name happens to be teamkiller45 or something similar, that's a different story all together..blablabla..

well anyways..a good month or so ago, i was voted to be kicked out as a teamkiller, cause i didn't see the ppl on the other bases porch (broadside and me with a mortar). just a couple minutes later my turrets caught a few fools in a crossfire and started killing them, too. dunno how that happend, but it did and i had nothing to with it..oh..and also a mine on the flag which some fool didn't pay attention to (eventhough i warned em about it many a times). ppl started voting for me to get kicked out as a TK. only person to defend me was Typp0id Mary.

well..that my story =)

Hey Ripper, read my post in the ISP thread. I see you are having ISP problems, and I've a suggestion (documented in the other thread) that might at least help you get your emails while you wait for your issue to be resolved (assuming your ISP account hasn't been trashed / cancelled!) smile.gif

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

> Anyone who names themselves after a plastic Space Hulk figure needs help
    >, not vengeance

Funnily enough, Genestealer came from Space Hulk, Space Hulk came from 40K, and there's a metal figure in 40K called a DeathJester (Eldar mad harlequin lad). So thar smile.gif

Dan

Be afraid. Be very afraid...

If there are so many people out there who know intimate details about plastic toy figures, there's no hope for the world smile.gif

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deathjester

Man quite a lot of replies. My new Nick is [JC]KIT. And yes it is Kodiak/Jaguar/Qui's tribe. Seeya

Advertisement