Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks have arrived!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Joy Of Coffee in Temple Bar will beat Starbucks anyday, good coffee, REALLY good Italian chocolate, nice staff, and the owner actually cares where his coffee comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Starbucks have been open here in DCU since september. Think its vastly overrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

I am just back from Paris, and obviously, the Cafes there are vastly superior to Starbucks.

Didn't stop them from trying though.
    I saw a Starbucks near the Sorbonne that had all the decor of a traditional cafe, except for the big white sign.

Needless to say it was half empty, while other places were crowded.

On a similar note, a few years ago, I stepped into a MacDonalds in the same area - I thought it was hilarious that they had a library in the basement eating area. When I went to grad a book (I was an impetuous little fecker back in the day) I discovered that they were not real books, but pasted book snipes on a curved surfaces.

When in Rome, I guess....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Quote[Bring it on!!!
    Coffee shops in Dublin need a good kick up the arse!
    They all close too early for starters - try get a decent coffee in Dublin past 9.00!]

Agreed! overpriced muck most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

wonderboy wrote:
    Starbucks have been open here in DCU since september. Think its vastly overrated
    Isn't that one just a franchise though and not a real Starbucks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

Starbucks multiplication is based on pure consumeristic ideal. If one store makes a profit, then another location will be added and then another then another and so on. Once a location does not show an alloted profit margin, then another location will not be added. Supply and Demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Jesus. It almost sounds like they're running a business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Only seeing this thread now.

I heard sometime back that there was plans to venture into Ireland with their outlets ok, though I think they are only planning on hitting the main cities, like Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Limerick, etc first.

I love Starbucks, would be nice to see em introduced here. I used live on Frappocino's when I was in the US, its basicaly just iced coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Its coffee people, lets not get carried away shall we?

http://www.globalexchange.org/campaigns/fairtrade/coffee/StarbucksFlyer.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

wonderboy wrote:
    Yeah, their tea sucks monkey poo compared to the bog standard canteen tea....

• Advertisement
Advertisement