Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

body hair

• 26-07-2004 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have hair growing on my shoulder and upper arms, it is not thick merely annoying and it is single hairs i am wondering is their a cream or whatever you can buy to kill hair growth etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Your choices - waxing, shaving, electrolysis ... or just let nature do it's thing. But, there's no magic cure to stop hair growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 drusilla

Immac.
    Now known as Veet.
    It will cost you 7yoyos and will take 5 mins and last 3weeks approx.

However you will hav stubbly sholders after that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sinner_Rez

Only one cure. Chop off the offending limbs. Or Electrolysis. And Dru I never knew you were a hairy monkey!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Electrolysis or laser hair removal.
    Hair removal creams are a waste of money, they just don't work, they're very patchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 drusilla

Originally posted by Sinner_Rez
    And Dru I never knew you were a hairy monkey!!! [/B]
    A recent photo...
    Before:
    chewbacca.jpg
    After:
    blues.jpg

Yes, if you want a more permanent solution, electrolysis would be the way to go.
    But I've heard it's quite painfull... :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Electrolysis and laser - both viable options, but in my opinion - very very expensive (not to mention terribly painful too!)

Go for a wax - you'd be amazed at how many blokes do! Yes, it's painful - have some after-sun lotion or aloe vera gel handy when you get home and you'll be fine.

Have your wax done in the evening... because your skin will be a little red afterwards (and at least the redness will go away while you sleep).

The Veet/Immac option - I used it once on my legs and it stunk to high heavens and it burned... and it didn't shagging work either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by drusilla
    Immac.
    Now known as Veet.

3 weeks?!
    Pah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

My god your vain

And you named yourself after a cartoon character whose catch phrase is "Man I'm pretty"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If I were a cartoon woman, I'd shag Johnny Bravo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hell yeah

Originally posted by Sarky
    If I were a cartoon woman, I'd shag Johnny Bravo.

Well you always were a little two dimensional.

Two is all it takes. :)

Touche!

Although I'd have no objections to a third...

Noone ever does.

It worked wonders for Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by drusilla
    Immac.
    Now known as Veet.

Last 3 weeks? I use it on my back and I only get about a week out of it.

Then again, I have a back Coillte would be proud of.
    However you will have stubbly sholders after that;)

And a stubbley back. And by God it's itchy.

I cannot fathom how anybody would even consider using wax on their back.

/me pictures lumps of skin coming off in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Originally posted by tom dunne

Well if it is done properly, this would never happen. Usually the aesthetician will apply a thin layer of talc to the area before it is waxed - to create a barrier between the wax and the skin. So, all that comes off is the hair and the talc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by tom dunne
    Last 3 weeks? I use it on my back and I only get about a week out of it.

Then again, I have a back Coillte would be proud of.

And a stubbley back. And by God it's itchy.

If you ammac/veet will it come back thicker and faster? What about if you wax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Originally posted by Amz
    And you named yourself after a cartoon character whose catch phrase is "Man I'm pretty"

:rolleyes:

Not directed at you Amz
    Directed at thread starter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i've got a bit of hair on my upper arms and shoulders, not thick but dark and quite noticable as my normal arm hair is fair due to the sun bleaching it, is this really such a turn off that i should consider buying veet?:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by ferdi
    is this really such a turn off that i should consider buying veet?:(

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This too for me is a major issue. I have quite a hairy chest and unfortunately it is the same on my shoulders and back. I'm very conscious about it. When I go swimming @ the pool or on hols I feel everyone is staring at me. It drives me mad.

So maybe the Veet/Imac is an option. Would this tend to grow the hair back quicker and thicker? If this works well I may consider waxing/electrolysis.

Originally posted by Unreggie
    This too for me is a major issue.

There's your problem right there. It's not a major issue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Sarky
    There's your problem right there. It's not a major issue.

I couldn't agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by Unreggie
    So maybe the Veet/Imac is an option. Would this tend to grow the hair back quicker and thicker?

Absoloutely. I used to have a light sprinkling of hair, now I'm like a warewolf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I agree.. I went the immac way a few years back.. What a bunch of creamy crap that stuff is. Just made it worse..
    If, and I say if I go to get rid hair again, it'll be a wax job.

Kev.

I have had enough of the same issue, back, shoulder & arms, and have recently started laser treatement to take care of the issue permananetly.

Recently had first session, and it wasn't sore. Took an hour, cost €150.

Expected to have another 3 or 4 sessions over the next 4 months.

Then it will be done. Too early to post on results, but it has been annoying me to such an extent that I have finally resolved to have it dealt with once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Bodyhair -

Does laser cover large areas? I was under the impression that like electrolysis, it focused on individual hairs at a time?

Kevin.

• Advertisement

It took about an hour.

it zaps an area smaller than a 1c piece. not so much individual hairs themselves, but small clusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Originally posted by vibrant
    Usually the aesthetician will apply a thin layer of talc to the area before it is waxed.
    Man, is that what beautician's are calling themselves these days? What is it with people and scientific sounding job descriptions?:rolleyes:

It makes them sound like they deserve the ridiculous amounts of money they ask for, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

BodyHair wrote:
    It took about an hour.

it zaps an area smaller than a 1c piece. not so much individual hairs themselves, but small clusters.

Surely your not saying you paid €150 euro to get a 1c area of hair removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I've an incredibly hairy chest, and it's only getting hairier but I like it. I don't really like my hairy back though. It's sort of sketchy, but I don't think many women find it that much of a turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Surely they do more than a 1c size in one session right? If not your getting ripped off.
    I think they mean that each pass is the size of a small 1c piece. Shirley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thomas/paul

BodyHair wrote:
    I have had enough of the same issue, back, shoulder & arms, and have recently started laser treatement to take care of the issue permananetly.

Recently had first session, and it wasn't sore. Took an hour, cost €150.

Expected to have another 3 or 4 sessions over the next 4 months.

Then it will be done. Too early to post on results, but it has been annoying me to such an extent that I have finally resolved to have it dealt with once and for all.

so for like E600 for ur whole body and to do it like 5 times is fairly good, and is probly worth it

Don't forget though, that won't stop any kids you have from being hairy. You might want to get them treated too, to keep the appearence going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

do it when they are babies so there will be less room to zap, more centage for your money wha!

Good thinking there. You can tell the missus that the money was spent on "doctors" because they were "sick" and needed expensive "medicine".

Nobody need ever know you passed puberty!

bleh i've the oposite problem, very little body hair, i'm 24 i thought it was cool but not having a sex drive and no ejaculating isn't mush fun :/ ... started researching it, looks like i gotsta go to the doc :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

bleh wish i had that problem, 24 and virtually no body hair....
    yeah sounds good but i don't ejaculate very often and have a very low sex drive :/

researching it recently and they're can be some long term negitive effects so its off to the doctor with me.

(heh i'm every womans dream, i can keep it up all night never cum and very little hair :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sarky wrote:
    Good thinking there. You can tell the missus that the money was spent on "doctors" because they were "sick" and needed expensive "medicine".

Nobody need ever know you passed puberty!

ROFL :D:D:D:D:D:D

I am fairly hairy too and i have too patches of hair on my back and some is is starting to grow on my shoulders too. I have no confidence at all because of this and i was thinking of getting it removed permantly. Ive heard that with laser treatment that it would probably grow back and that with elecrtolysis it will not. Does any have an idea how much it costs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I used to be really self concious of my hairy chest, lower back, shoulders (recent development), especially as when I came to finland I found myself surrounded by men who were all tanned, blonde and hairless. But now Ive discovered that this is a strength. I get loads of attention from women because Im so different (much to the annoyance of my g/f), Im irish, not so tanned, have brown curly hair and body hair. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thomas/paul

hm its about E600 ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Well I have quite the hairy chest and I think its sexy as hell!!
    Chicks love it!!

Tho hairy chest always means hairy back...
    I find it unattractive so im guessing women will find it unattractive!! But its not gonna stop me gettin my kit off!! Its only hair!!

Used Veet before with good results, its certainly dosent last 3 weeks tho!!
    Only use it when you think you'l be getting laid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

LanceStorm wrote:
    Well I have quite the hairy chest and I think its sexy as hell!!
    Chicks love it!!

Tho hairy chest always means hairy back...
    I find it unattractive so im guessing women will find it unattractive!! But its not gonna stop me gettin my kit off!! Its only hair!!

Used Veet before with good results, its certainly dosent last 3 weeks tho!!
    Only use it when you think you'l be getting laid!!

eh i have a hairy chest and my back is as smooth as silk - not always my boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I have the same problem blondish body hair and much darker ones on my shoulders. I took to using veet/immac wax strips - doesnt hurt any more than pulling off a plaster. A packet of 12 is enough for 3-4 sessions. Coz the hairs pretty sparse it takes a while too look bad again. Well worth a go in my opinion. You also get little sachets of aloe vera wipes in the box for after - it leave's your skin strokeably soft...so you never tire of stroking yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

hm its about E600 ok

Quite simply that'd be a miracle if you could get it for that price.. If anyone could tell me where this place is that does it so cheap I'd be much appreciated??? Where I looked it's more like 4 grand if I wanted to get my full back and shoulders done (so I could look semi-normal).
    #Ref: http://www.madisonclinic.ie/clinic_laserhairremoval.htm#MensPrices

I fruckin hate testosterone, think I have to much cos "this" ain't a family trait! I could grow a full thick beard from when I was 15. Had a full hairy chest at 17. I'm always horny, overly competitive and I can be blindingly aggressive. I put on muscle quite easily (not always a good thing) and it doesn't matter anyway cos I'm all covered in POXY HAIR.. Top it off my forehead is ever the larger.. also NOT a family trait..

My god your vain

My God you are a twat! That's like me calling you clever. Do me a favour, get a dictionary and look that word up cos you obviously haven't the slightest clue of it's meaning...
    If anything the original poster is the exact opposite of vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dargan

Been there done that with chest hair...

Shaving: Hair grows back stubbly and more intensely. Really sore and itchy as it grows back. Smooth effect lasts < 2 days and if you have sensitive skin it's not worth it.

Veet: Similar to shaving, although prob a bit better. Hair does grow back quickly - you'll get 5-7 days maybe out of it before stubble gives someone else rash!

Wax: This is good. It's f***ing sore but it's worth it. You'll be sore and red for about 2 days depending on your skin sensitivity, but hair grows back much finer (as roots have to reform) and much more slowly. The "stubble" will be fine and light, so effect lasts longer. But god it's sore! Take a few pain killers/strong drink before hand!! Go to a reputable place - I can recommend one if you like and it'll be done properly - ie cleaning/talc/waxing/soothing. I asked them how many men they get and they said a lot - especially for back and shoulders.

With regards to the person who said it's vain... Live a little! Nothing worng with a bit of experimenting.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement