Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Neighbourhood crashing.

Options
  • 26-07-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Okay I have two machines running win2k pro sp4 all patched up. One was freshly installed and updated yesterday.

Before it was updated network worked fine with \\ whatever name etc. Games still work now, just, if you try and go into computers near me, or try look at shared folders it crashes. I think its one of the following that has caused it but I dont' know.

Spybot s&d, adware, spywareblaster, x-setup pro and setting reg to done. Other than that there is no real changes. I've kerio firewall on both machines and no difference with it turned off.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Its something I've repeated that has caused this problem.

Thanks,
    Gid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I had that same problem when i configured my nic's connection speeds manually, set to automatic they worked fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yeah it was a spybot fix, think it was a DSO exploit fix. All working again after I restored it. Might have been a problem as I'd imagine it was already patched by windows update or something else. Using firefox anyhew.

Thanks for the reply,
    Gid.

Advertisement