Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Phone-In on RTE Radio

Options
  • 26-07-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

On Liveline today the whole sory mess of insurance came up as ppl related how they started phoning round having stuck by thier current insurer for years. Needless to say plenty in fact ALL those who rang in told of huge savings made with a phone call or three. One thing that cropped up was the business of adding a second named driver to a "mature" policy. It seemed to be worth about
    20% off.

I had read about this here, but forgot that fact.

Anyway I'm going to tell my sister (30something, clean record, full NCB) she's going on my policy whether she likes it or not. Then I'll see what my insurance broker says.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I added my dad to my policy last year and saved a packet - but come renewal time it was costing more to keep him on the policy, so off he went again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mike, I went from being charged €1600 to €900 by threatening to leave my broker. He immediately rolled over and dropped the 700 euro:)

I was going to go to Quinn Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

My insurance droppped last year and this year when I put my GF on my policy (named driver). She only has her licence 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

My insurance in Ireland on a 1.4 Civic was E 690 for full comp.
    MY insurance here in New Zealand on a 1.8 Bluebird is c.E160 ($348).

Go figure !

The main reason that cover is so low here is that all accident payouts have a set upper limit - not an 'open ended' limit like at home.

No wonder a Kiwi (TV3 newsreader Rachel Smalley, living in Ireland) commented that car insurance in Ireland was "criminal" !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well I just got in touch with my broker and the renewal premium would fall by €49 with my sister onboard. Okay its not much but worth doing.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement