Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Klinsmann - Germany Shock!

• 26-07-2004 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Yep they've gone mad and let Jurgen manage the National side. Should be interesting to say the least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3927207.stm
    Jurgen Klinsmann has been appointed Germany's new coach.

The former Inter Milan and Tottenham striker, 39, has signed a two-year deal and replaces Rudi Voller, who resigned after a poor showing at Euro 2004.

Klinsmann, who won the World Cup as a player with Germany in 1990, will be assisted by veteran coach Holger Osiek and former striker Oliver Bierhoff.

He will lead Germany in the 2006 World Cup - for which they have automatically qualified as the host nation.

Previously a critic of the German Football Association (DFB), Klinsmann is still in talks with the organisation about much say he will have in the way it is run.

"The DFB has to develop dynamically - I want to see some commitment from their side," he said.

But he is still excited about being given the country's top job and believes the team can be a success in two years' time.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

he was one of the favourites .

but thats because no big name applied .

its going to be a disaster though , he has never managed a team before .

the only expierence he has is probably his coaching badges .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If it's going to be a disaster it'll more likely be because Germany have a terrible squad at the moment. They depend on Ballack for any semblance of midfield creativity.

Lahm looks good at left back and Schweinsteiger on the right of midfield but they are only 19 years old, no way they can have much impact at the World Cup. Since Klinsmann et al retired, they have practically no striking options, Kuranyi certainly doesn't look like he can cut it up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's anything but a shock. No experienced German managers really applied because they all knew that their chances of doing well were miniscule.

Best of luck to Klinsmann. Between his inexperience and the quality of the current German squad he'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe it'll be a fairytale ending!

Mike.

ps no diss to Klinsmann on my part I loved watching him

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.

ps no diss to Klinsmann on my part I loved watching him

Mike.

Where he actually gets them out of the group , because in my opinion that would be a massive achievment.

Keep in mins 19 year olds now will be 21 in 2 years , so they should have more impact than people think .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

coool :)

I like klinsmann... hope he does well ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sadly I don't think even the Fairy Godmother could turn this pumpkin into a coach ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I would have fancied Lothiar Mathaeus for the job after Hitzfeld.But fair play to Klinsmann Hope he is successful.

Advertisement