Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7650 Phone Explorer S/W

• 26-07-2004 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get software to upload games, ammend the phonebook etc via Bluetooth as I am having no joy at all finding it.

Also does anyone have or know where I can get drivers for the MA600 Infra Adapter for Windows 2000/XP as it seems like all the links on the web are dead :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

You should not need the software to do that, you don't with infrared...
    In Connect. : activate infrared, or paired your PC. Then you should be able to "send" any files (MID, prog., Vcard) to the 7650.

You can get the Nokia software suite to backup your phone but it isnot a very good software and needs lots of crap installed to work.
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,2015,00.html?applicationId=274&prodSupAppID=1&productId=36&categoryId=19&languageId=1

If the link is not working, find the 7650 page and check Software / PC Suite.

Cheers
    Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, [edit]raphaelS posted just before me so follow his link for the 7650 software [/edit] - it will allow you to install files and manage your handset (including PhoneBook with a Supported PIM Application, see details in link)

depending on the Bluetooth software on your PC you may be able to 'send' any files (e.g. games .sis or java) to the phone directly.. check your Bluetooth software or post back which it is (see the Help/About info)... they will arrive in your 'Inbox' and can be installed from there if there is sufficient space (you can delete the message that 'contains' the install file once it is installed to save some space)

the Infrared Adapter should have come with a CD... but try the Mobile Action site: Downloads/Infra Red area to try their software and drivers for the InfraRed adapter [edit]although looks like it's for the updated MA620 adapter[/edit]

BrianG

Originally posted by woody
    Does anyone know where I can get software to upload games, ammend the phonebook etc via Bluetooth as I am having no joy at all finding it.

Also does anyone have or know where I can get drivers for the MA600 Infra Adapter for Windows 2000/XP as it seems like all the links on the web are dead :mad:

You should read Google 101 or Google for Dummies :D
    http://www.swann.com.au/s-techsupportdownl8.php#infralink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

cheers guys it seems to let me transfer files etc but not manage contacts mmmm...

it is not as simple as other nokia phone suite software where you can send sms and ammend numbers ie. change type, user groups mmmm..

I found some great software for the the SE T630

http://fma.sourceforge.net/

it is free and updates are cool have been using it two weeks and is A1...

Me thinks that the MA600 is now obsolete as the driver sections for it are all gone in mobile action where a i got it 4 years ago :(

have to stay with the bluetooth now :)

cheers guys it seems to let me transfer files etc but not manage contacts mmmm...

yeah it needs a PIM app... supported ones are listed on the PC Suite download page linked to above.... although Mobile Action provide a Handset Manager - but looks like they are offering support for the MA620 adapter now

BrianG

• Advertisement

shame about that you now any PIM 's for bluetooth ??

Handset manager is great but for IR unless I am wrong and costs a few quid aswell I shall trawl around the net and see what i can find :cool:

shame about that you now any PIM 's for bluetooth ??

TDK have a Bluetooth Mobile App but it doesn't support Series 60 devices, although Mobile Action also have a Bluetooth Phone Manager listed on their site for some Series 60 devices

although a PIM is just an app like Outlook that handles/stores your Contacts/Calendar/Tasks etc. so it's not really related to the method of connection - e.g. with the 7650 PC Suite you can 'sync' with Outlook 97, 98, 2000 or XP over InfraRed or Bluetooth
    Handset manager is great but for IR unless I am wrong and costs a few quid aswell I shall trawl around the net and see what i can find :cool:

if you have the Mobile Action Adapter their site lists downloads and drivers, although the driver is labeled for the MA620... you can check the link and directions to the Mobile Action site in my first post above

BrianG

cheers mate :D

do you know if there is also anyway to update the firmware of the phone or where it can be done, i think it is done via cable any ideas of bluetooth upgrade ??

I have the old v3.16

For 50€:
    www.fonefix.ie
    Sigma Wireless/Fonefix, St Margarets Road, FInglas, Dublin 11.
    1850 66 00 00

For 25€
    www.mprc.ie
    Should you require any further information please contact our customer care
    dept on 01 2149000.

These are the prices I got 4 months ago, they might have changed. I assumed the phone is not any more under warranty...

Before you ask, no it can't be done at home... software and cables hard to get (especialy software).

Thanks
    Raphael

• Advertisement

cheers dude

Advertisement