Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plot hole: First contact

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Achilles wrote:
    DVDs are cheap yeah? Heh, new ones aint, that's for sure, especially not the special editions

Woohoo ! Achilles ! You really need to cross all the water between your house and mine ! I don't know whether you have something like MediaMarket over there, in the green fields ;) - but over here, MM surely does huge great offers concerning DVD's at extra-low prices !! Yes...Even the just released ones. They say Belgium is the most expensive country in Europe, after Monaco and Luxemburg... True !! But not for DVD's :) And if you take the effort to travel somewhat further to the north...to our Dutch friends :confused: you'll find these DVD's even cheaper :)

The Admiral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well, if i ever need a dvd (i dont buy them that often, only use them for trek or whatever) then i'll wire ya some money if i want some, and u get them for me? Deal?

Achilles wrote:
    Well, if i ever need a dvd (i dont buy them that often, only use them for trek or whatever) then i'll wire ya some money if i want some, and u get them for me? Deal?

May it also be a copy then ? :p

The Admiral

*For moralistic boards.ie viewers* NO of course not!!!!
    *In reality* Yeah, as long as it's a DVD rip (no cinema jobbies) and under a tenner... then yer grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If you are saying VYG was at the same place in the timeline as DS9 you might have a case

TNG was at the same time as DS9 and Mr Barkley links TNG with Voyager does that not mean that VYG was around the same time as DS9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They all take place at the same general time just give or take 10-12 years between the start of TNG and end of Voyager...Remember the Enterprise-D transported sisko to ds9 and voyager was launched from Ds9 on its mission to the badlands

Yeah that's what i was trying to get accross to that other idiot. I mean how can voyager be the most advanced starship in the fleet at the time and the enterprise, starfleet's flagship, be weaker? Him thinking end game was before first contact.... LOL. Call yerself a trekkie mister? Feck off...

Well at the end of voyager voyager itself was by FAR the most advanced and powerful ship in the fleet thanks to future technology and barman’s uber fanboyism .....Course the temporal prime directive wouldn’t allow star fleet to use that advanced technology so voyager would be relegated back to scout ship shortly there after i would guess

Achilles wrote:
    I mean how can voyager be the most advanced starship in the fleet at the time and the enterprise, starfleet's flagship, be weaker?

I think "weaker" does not aply here. Obviously, the Intrepid class IS weaker in firepower than a Galaxy Class. It's the technology onboard Voyager that makes it more advanced: bio-neural gelpacks in the circuitry to name an example. Also the dynamic placement of the warpnacelles is something quite new, not to say unique. Also the design is so different. The Galaxy class was designed in our eighties. Voyager in the '90's... and the styles of the ship still represent "our" style vision from those days. Of course I'm not saying that a Galaxy is a "pop" design, while Voyager is "techno".... but still...Voyager looks somehow - IMHO - more technological. The Galaxy class has something "androgynous" - rounded, disco-like :p shapes. Maybe Voyager is said to be more advanced, just because it was designed in a later series. Who knows ?

The Admiral

Galaxy class is the best looking starship in any tv show tbh :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like the Promethus and BOP and Akira Galaxy is ok/good but dosent look the greatest

Go find the production drawings of the prommy and you will see just how ugly the one on tv is compeared...The cgi guys really messed up that ship :eek:

Advertisement