Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me and Xbox Hack And Slash

Options
  • 26-07-2004 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Da missus has become hooked on 3rd person hack'n'slashers, like Dynasty Warriors 3/4 and now Samurai Warriors. Soooo, do you have any suggestions on what to try next - 3rd person, not too intense (so Ninja Gaiden's out) preferably co-op but that's not necessary? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 + 2 are both pretty much Diablo in 3D and they both have co-op so I guess they're what you're looking for. Pity about Ninja Gaiden though, you don't know what you're missing out on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

those EA Lord Of The Rings hack'n'slashers are pretty decent. dunno if theyre on the Xbox tho....

any of the gauntlet games will do ya, dunno if theres any of them on the Xbrick either....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, both Lord of the Rings games are very, very good. If she's keen on Dynasty Warriors, you might want to suggest Crimson Sea, which is the same kind of game and made by the same people but has a futuristic sci-fi setting. Very good it is too. But better than all of those is the brilliant Otogi.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I've LOTR: Return of the King, and I'd recommend it. It's 3rd person, has co-op, and is easy enough to pick up and get going with.

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Ditto, LOTR Return of the King is great hack n' slash fun for 2 players. Ity is gone into the Classic range too, so you should be able to pick it up for under €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to try and track down Crimson Sea first I think, then onto LOTR.
    We played BG 1 and 2, I wasn't crazy about 1 but 2 was excellent.

I had a look at Otogi a while back and it might be a bit fast for her (and no this isn't a 'My friend has this problem' thread ;) ) but I'll rent it again and see.

Again many thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I found Enclave to be fairly decent to hack away a few hours-dunno if its co-op though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Spawn: Armaggedon is a pretty tasty slash-your-way-through-everything kind of a game, got it meself there a while ago and it's amazing!

Advertisement