Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virus advice help

• 26-07-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

The followin progs r installed on my aunty's comp:

csso.exe;
    vafc.exe;
    pmonk32.exe.

I don't recognise them but they keep requestin net access. I can't delete them(they constantly in use), can't open regedit (in use by another prog), can't even use ctrl-alt-delete to try and manually stop them, regcleaner had no effect, windowwasher won't open and McAfee doesn't see any infections.

They not in Symantec virus encyclopedia, haven't seen these names anywhere else on web.

Symptoms: Slow/ non-existant connection speed to net, all progs slowed down, sent:received data roughly 3:1(seems too high) plus all of the above

Anyone heard of/ encountered anything similar? any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Hardcopy,

I presume you've run a full scan of your system.

Have a look at this thread for spyware tools it's pretty comprehensive and should be able to help you:

Ultimate Spyware Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Thx m8,
    Downloaded the software mentioned gonna give it another crack tonight. Ran a scan with mcafee but no help, I think it's corrupted it's actin bit funny, gonna try AVG tonight.
    Will post my results later.

PS make the above thread a sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

think it already is.

You could, if you have broadband, run the Symantec online security check once you get the problem resolved just in case it can find any vulnerabilities.

Symantec Online Security Check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

If you want to delete them but can’t, then there properties is probable set to read only. Change this the archive and than ctrl Alt Del go to processes then kill their processes, now you should be able to delete them.
    Good Luck. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

hey,

i had the same virus on my laptop and spent about 3 hours trying to get ride of it .i finally got ride of it by taking the harddrive out and putting it in another machine with NAV corporate 9 if couldn't detect which virus it was but reconginsed it's actions as a virus and deleted it.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/bloodhound.packed.html?Open

i suggest you do the same oh and btw it allows creats a host which norton can't recognise so when your finished download and run stinger

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

• Advertisement
Advertisement