Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deicide once again prove what sissy wimps they are...

Options
  • 26-07-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

from wacken.com
    DEICIDE have canceled their show on the Wacken Open Air. The reason is familiy problems. We could confirm Swedens Death cult metalworkers UNLEASHED who will play for DEICIDE. UNLEASHEDs new album "sworn allegiance" is available from today...

We ask for understanding.

The short answer of DEICIDE you see at the bottom.

Your W:O:A team

That´s the answer from DEICIDE: The band have family reasons for not playing the show, it's not really something we want to go into too much detail over publicly.

hardly suprising tbh.

as soon I heard they cancelled the European dates I figured this would happen.

Wacken 2004's line-up gets even ****ter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Screw that, not even a proper reason...I was really disappointed when they cancelled the tour.

Roll on Unleashed though - have these guys ever played here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Meh, I wasn't going to it so I dont give a fvck.Maybe it was family problems, it may have been a close famly bereavement or something along the lines of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

When it's death metal bands you always get the impression that death and stuff like that doesn't really make a difference, so family stuff really shouldn't stop a show if they're "real" deathmetal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by casso
    When it's death metal bands you always get the impression that death and stuff like that doesn't really make a difference, so family stuff really shouldn't stop a show if they're "real" deathmetal

That's a ludicrous thing to say. If (and it's only an if since they didn't specify the reason) they suffered a death in one of their families then it's plenty of reason to cancel a gig.

Funny thing is when i read the statement in German on the Wacken site, it looked as if they cancelled for "familiar", not "family" reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

does it really matter anyway, i think phil anslemo said it best when reffering to deicide he said "**** that stupid band" then kicked em of the sjr tour, man they are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Heh, good aul Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i dunno about phil anymore, he used be one of my heros but i now think he is a bitter man who needs a fix to keep going, he needs to get clean or i don't see him being alvie much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Ancient1
    Screw that, not even a proper reason...

I look forward to your mothers death as much as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I don't see how family problems make Deicide sissies. And all that **** about real death metallers not caring about death! Don't be a plod, people are people no matter what music they play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

And I to your mothers death.
    Originally posted by hostyle

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

i seriously doubt its a family thing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Who cares what the reason is, Unleashed are 100x better than Deicide.

All hail family reasons!

Originally posted by hostyle

Let's play nice now kids, before we start tit-for-tat and all get banned.

Dont take it too seriously - "family reasons" is often a euphemism.
    I take time off work when i dont feel like working and i cite "family reasons", for example.
    Absolutely nothin against Deicide, in fact i love them - but to cancel a major appearance at Wacken and an entire tour and not offer an explanation is just lame.
    The band still hasnt posted a statement of any kind on their site.

Advertisement