Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gurls

Options
  • 26-07-2004 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

K, i want all d guys at sesh 1 dis year to post in deyr top5, top10 or jus top best lookin gurl of d sesh. den we'll compile a list.

sum agnostic ppl will look at this as being a shovenistic excercise, but for d winner its much much more... its a statement - clear and loud - "I am the sexiest/cutest/fittest gurl/woman at sesh1 ctyi 2004 as voted by members of the opposite sex and/or lesbians"

so every1 vote for ur fav gurl.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I had to read the above post 5 times to make sense of it
    Originally posted by jono087
    sum agnostic ppl will look at this as being a shovenistic excercise
    An agnostic is someone who is unsure whether or not there is a god, which has absolutely nothing to do with this. Though I do agree, this is an amazingly sexist, chauvanistic and idiotic thread, and one which I would not normally associate with such a supposedly "enlightened" group as CTYIers. And, to top it off, you use some throwoff of text speak. Now, if this thread was entitled "Beautiful people", and asked the question "Who do you think was beautiful at CTYI this year", then it might just get away with looking intelligent, or at least not looking as embarassing as this looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    An agnostic is someone who is unsure whether or not there is a god, which has absolutely nothing to do with this.

However, it can be used to describe a person who refuses to take a stance on any issue. It still doesn't make sense in this context though.

The original post in this thread is my nominee for CTYI Board Post of the Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

k,

first of all. while the word agnostic can be used to describe sum1 dat does not believe in god, dat is to say a "non-believer". dat is not its primary meaning. An agnostic person is 1 who is cynical or does not agree or believe(not necessarilly in god) with your ideas or opinions.

Second of all, I find it insulting dat u shud draw a line between us (ctyi qualifiers) and others. Ur reply to my thread would seem to imply that u think us better or more intelligent than others. We might be better at maths and english than the ppl who didnt qualify but that does not necessarilly mean we are better or as u put it "enlightened". By saying this u are clearly showing ur self-righteousness, if only when concerning non-ctyi ppl.

But fair enuf, i dont mean to start (or indeed continue) an argument with u, i hardly know u. I justr wanted to make a thread for fun.... and was interested in seeing the results.

As a matter of curiosity: did u make a similar post on last years best lukin gurl thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

The word agnostic still doesn't make sense there. And if eh did reply to last years thread, it was because it was phrased something like this...
    if this thread was entitled "Beautiful people", and asked the question "Who do you think was beautiful at CTYI this year"
    and wasn't half as idiotic as this one. It also, if my memory serves me right, asked for the "gurls" to post who they thought was the best looking guy, and indeed for anyone to post who they thought was the best looking guy/girl, even if they were the same sex.

AND FFS, STOP WITH THE TEXT TALK. YOU HAVE A FULL KEYBOARD IN FRONT OF YOU. THERE IS A VERY LARGE LIMIT ON HOW BIG YOUR POSTS CAN BE. USE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

first of all. while the word agnostic can be used to describe sum1 dat does not believe in god, dat is to say a "non-believer". dat is not its primary meaning. An agnostic person is 1 who is cynical or does not agree or believe(not necessarilly in god) with your ideas or opinions.
    Someone who doesn't believe in god is an athiest. A agnostic is unsure
    I will concede that agnostic does also mean someone who is noncommittal, as I have just looked it up. However, I believe cynical would have been a better word to use in your first post on this thread
    Second of all, I find it insulting dat u shud draw a line between us (ctyi qualifiers) and others. Ur reply to my thread would seem to imply that u think us better or more intelligent than others. We might be better at maths and english than the ppl who didnt qualify but that does not necessarilly mean we are better or as u put it "enlightened". By saying this u are clearly showing ur self-righteousness, if only when concerning non-ctyi ppl.
    I was trying to imply that a lot of CTYIers take their qualification(s) to mean they are above everyone else, something I most certainly don't agree with. Position is earned, not handed down by getting lucky on a test, and then half paying attention in DCU for 3 weeks during the summer
    As a matter of curiosity: did u make a similar post on last years best lukin gurl thread?
    No, I did not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Ok, Barry,

its gud dat we cleared dat up. I shud probably look up agnostic myself seeing as that i misused it so badly,

Anyway this thread has absolutely nothing to do with my original intentions,

lol:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

so every1 vote for ur fav gurl.........

You are having a laugh, yeah? This is a joke, surely?

This is not a mobile phone. SPEAK ENGLISH.

[I shall be watching this thread (when I feel like taking out some anger) so keep it pleasant.] <- No I wont. :) Lockidy lock lock lock...

Your friendly/angry moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thread locked. Jono087 - first warning - post decent coherent posts or you'll be banned. i have serious problems with this sort of thread and they will be locked on sight, mmmkay?

so in the immortal words of confucious: Cop the Fuck on.

and since Nosmo isnt here, i guess i have to say STFU N00B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement