Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from the UK - definitive guide (Q&A)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Jesus. Name calling now, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes, you can't use that term anymore. The knob who produced the button would be offended. Try this site,

http://www.emissionsfinder.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Last warning. Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

deezell wrote: »
    Yes, you can't use that term anymore. The knob who produced the button would be offended. Try this site,

http://www.emissionsfinder.com/

Cartell.ie finds the car via the reg number, tells you the nox for the actual car, and calculates the € amount for you for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cartell.ie finds the car via the reg number, tells you the nox for the actual car, and calculates the € amount for you for free.

It isn't accurate Colm. I can give you the UK reg of the car I brought in. It says the nox charge should be 80 euro when it should be 195 euro.

Edit - I just checked it again there and it's changed. It's saying 60 euro now.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    It isn't accurate Colm. I can give you the UK reg of the car I brought in. It says the nox charge should be 80 euro when it should be 195 euro.

Edit - I just checked it again there and it's changed. It's saying 60 euro now.

Cartell is using the revenue spreadsheet. There seems to be a huge amount of inconsistency in the entries. Check the extract in my post #9425

Entries 16011, 12, 14, and 15 are Astras, exact same engine, power, co2, but three of them have nox of 16, only one has nox of 37, difference between €80 and £185. @The_Fitz got a quote for €80 from Cartell as the car is an Sri I'll bet the v5c cert for the car will state nox of 37. If you check the DVLA emissions site for Vauxhall Astra with this engine, its 37.

Btw, i cant see on the cartell site where you can check nox for free. I'm just getting make and model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

On the recent nox tax, I only had a look now. The government/revenue introduce a new tax for environmental reasons apparently, its fairly heavy in some cases. They introduce this in October...now considering a budget and their thorough discussions and consultations they have had undoubtedly with the Environmental Protection Agency in the massive benefits to the environment this additional nox tax will yield, I'm estimating they should have been planning this for the guts of a year, if of course they did actually plan it.

So it's introduced in January 2020...and we've a f*cking excel spreadhseet download to work off which could've been banged up in 20 minutes by lad on PLC basic excel course. The image on the spreadsheet is even out of resolution. Big "Reset" blue button put in which I'm guessing whatever retard managed to insert was dead proud of himself.

Or...actually, they came up with a tax in late September to suit more revenue and claim its a victory for the Green agenda...then some lad in office is presented with three months to come up with a magnificent piece of software to help the public out, so he gets this piece of sh*t spreadhseet together. Incredible.

You need to vent your anger towards your corrupt govt rather than the poor hoor that’s probably on 25k that probably wasn’t even asked to make excel sheet but just made it to help customers .

Don’t forget this govt thinks it’s perfectly ok not to publish vrt for a lot of cars for last no of years ... instead customer has to present car on return and depending on which nct centre and mood of person on the day... find out only then.... no transparency what so ever ... yet they’re challenging and threatening private companies to be fully transparent!! A joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just paid my vrt and nox. Vrt was the same as the online vrt calculator, €3585. However that's for an engine size of 1596cc,mine is 1598cc. There is a 1598, 115bhp model but its a higher spec..... And its vrt is about €400 less which is strange considering its a higher spec. Should I appeal it? Or is it pointless?

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just paid my vrt and nox. Vrt was the same as the online vrt calculator, €3585. However that's for an engine size of 1596cc,mine is 1598cc. There is a 1598, 115bhp model but its a higher spec..... And its vrt is about €400 less which is strange considering its a higher spec. Should I appeal it? Or is it pointless?

Check the co2 emissions of the two different engines as they appear on the calculator.

What car is it. Is there actually both a 1596 and 1598 version?

• Advertisement

What car is it. Is there actually both a 1596 and 1598 version?

It's a 2019 Skoda Octavia 1.6 tdi CR SE with 9569 miles on clock. Both the cars I checked have emissions of 106. The valuation they gave is based on the 1596cc engine. The closest 115bhp 1598cc I can find is the higher spec Technology model but its got lower vrt, strangely....

EDIT - I've just noticed they've put co2 emissions at 109 when the V5 says 107.....

It's a 2019 Skoda Octavia 1.6 tdi CR SE with 9569 miles on clock. Both the cars I checked have emissions of 106. The valuation they gave is based on the 1596cc engine. The closest 115bhp 1598cc I can find is the higher spec Technology model but its got lower vrt, strangely....

EDIT - I've just noticed they've put co2 emissions at 109 when the V5 says 107.....
    What does the v5c say your engine capacity is? There is no 1596cc skoda diesel engine that I can find past or present on the dvla emissions site ( there was a VAG 1595 cc engine from the late 90s fitted to audi, vw, seat, bur not in skoda). That entry on the VRT site sounds like a manual error, a misread of someone's reg cert. If your v5c says 1598, then that's the engine they should use. As their erroneous 1596 cc entry has nearly the same VRT rate, the difference in the charge is down to OMSP on this fictitious engine and model variant. What crc did they write down on the vrt statement. What was uk reg of your car, run it on the DVLA site to see its actual cc and co2 emissions. Co2 for this car swings from 106 to 109 depending on tyres etc.

What does the v5c say your engine capacity is? There is no 1596cc skoda diesel engine that I can find past or present on the dvla emissions site ( there was a VAG 1595 cc engine from the late 90s fitted to audi, vw, seat, bur not in skoda). That entry on the VRT site sounds like a manual error, a misread of someone's reg cert. If your v5c says 1598, then that's the engine they should use. As their erroneous 1596 cc entry has nearly the same VRT rate, the difference in the charge is down to OMSP on this fictitious engine and model variant. What crc did they write down on the vrt statement. What was uk reg of your car, run it on the DVLA site to see its actual cc and co2 emissions. Co2 for this car swings from 106 to 109 depending on tyres etc.

V5C says 1598 cc. On the revenue vrt site, there's one 1596cc car, tdi se and its €3585 which is why I'm thinking they used that. The vehicle import receipt doesn't list the cc, just says tdi se 115bhp 5dr.
    UK reg was GM68HLY

V5C says 1598 cc. On the revenue vrt site, there's one 1596cc car, tdi se and its €3585 which is why I'm thinking they used that. The vehicle import receipt doesn't list the cc, just says tdi se 115bhp 5dr.
    UK reg was GM68HLY

Ok, I see in a 68 reg. January 2019 car. Is it an estate or hatchback. There's a bewildering range of octavia 1.6 variants, with wildly varying CO2. There are a few listed as cr greenline with co2 of 107. What is the statisical vode on your vrt statement, that will show what the guy used. Whats the full description of the car on the v5c. Is it just ocatavia cr?

Both the 1598cc SE Technology and the 1596cc SE have the same original OMSP, but they’ve depreciated the SE Technology (Depreciation code C1) more than the SE (Depreciation code A6)

Worth noting that the higher SE L trim also has the A6 depreciation code

Also, SE and SE Technology are the same price new in the UK.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=1Z1Z&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2020%3B5E33N5%3B1%3BGWWDWWD%5CGYOUYOU%3Bmda20200102123413%3Ben-GB%3B%3B67000%3B67050&interior=HA&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=0a59f16e-2248-4060-9b65-4275a1def938&trimline=5E3%7CSE%20Drive6705067000&visitedPages=

Ok, I see in a 68 reg. January 2019 car. Is it an estate or hatchback. There's a bewildering range of octavia 1.6 variants, with wildly varying CO2. There are a few listed as cr greenline with co2 of 107. What is the statisical vode on your vrt statement, that will show what the guy used. Whats the full description of the car on the v5c. Is it just ocatavia cr?

I've attached V5C. The stat code was 49788667 which is the 1596cc variant.

Hatchback. Stat code was 49788667
    Can't attach V5C. I'll try again shortly

Here's the V5C

Both the 1598cc SE Technology and the 1596cc SE have the same original OMSP, but they’ve depreciated the SE Technology (Depreciation code C1) more than the SE (Depreciation code A6)

Worth noting that the higher SE L trim also has the A6 depreciation code

Also, SE and SE Technology are the same price new in the UK.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=1Z1Z&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2020%3B5E33N5%3B1%3BGWWDWWD%5CGYOUYOU%3Bmda20200102123413%3Ben-GB%3B%3B67000%3B67050&interior=HA&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=0a59f16e-2248-4060-9b65-4275a1def938&trimline=5E3%7CSE%20Drive6705067000&visitedPages=

The 1596 entry is a false entry. It does not exist.

Heres the V5C ...at last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I’ve been selling VAGs for five years and can never remember a 96 CC, it was always 98.

L-M wrote: »
    I’ve been selling VAGs for five years and can never remember a 96 CC, it was always 98.

Yeh, as deezell says it looks like a wrong entry. So I take it there's no point in appealing?

I’d appeal on the basis that the VRT on SE Technology is cheaper, they’re the same price new (screenshot the Skoda uk website), so VRT should be the same.

I’d appeal on the basis that the VRT on SE Technology is cheaper, they’re the same price new (screenshot the Skoda uk website), so VRT should be the same.

OK, I might give it a shot. Is it just a rumour that vrt appeals may trigger audits?? Not that I have millions to hide anyhow!

Here's the V5C

Ive narrowed the entire vrt spreadsheet down to just octavia 1.6. There's no 1596 cc car there. Your car is almost certainly TDi se. It would have to be at least 2017 year model, emissions vary from 106 to 109. Your guy couldn't find 107, and jumped at that other entry. The car that most closely matches yours is the TDI SE L, with CO2 of 109. This is the same VRT rate of 16% of OMSP as you were charged. This car is only depreciated by a measly 6% from new price, which doesn't make sense for a whole year, so current OMSP is €24,568, and 16% of that is a VRT bill of €3931. This is more than you have already been assessed at. Heres the stat code for this. 40288667

The Tdi Se technology is the one to appeal for. It has 106 CO2, same band as yours, but 18% depreciation on a lower new price of €23,837, giving an OMSP of €19,546 and 16% VRT of €3127. Stat code is 40788555. You can definitely appeal as the engine size is wrong on the version they used.

Ive narrowed the entire vrt spreadsheet down to just octavia 1.6. There's no 1596 cc car there. Your car is almost certainly TDi se. It would have to be at least 2017 year model, emissions vary from 106 to 109. Your guy couldn't find 107, and jumped at that other entry. The car that most closely matches yours is the TDI SE L, with CO2 of 109. This is the same VRT rate of 16% of OMSP as you were charged. This car is only depreciated by a measly 6% from new price, which doesn't make sense for a whole year, so current OMSP is €24,568, and 16% of that is a VRT bill of €3931. This is more than you have already been assessed at. Heres the stat code for this. 40288667

The Tdi Se technology is the one to appeal for. It has 106 CO2, same band as yours, but 18% depreciation on a lower new price of €23,837, giving an OMSP of €19,546 and 16% VRT of €3127. Stat code is 40788555. You can definitely appeal as the engine size is wrong on the version they used.
    Ok,so you think its worth a shot? But is there a chance they may ask for more?

The variation of 1mg is easily explained by wheel and tyre sizes. Bigger rims will general add a mg or 2 to the co2

Ok,so you think its worth a shot? But is there a chance they may ask for more?

Definitely, go for it. your v5c says tdi se, nothing else. The technology variant is not stated, so they cant force the L variant on you. If they say the co2 of yours is 2 higher, its still the 16% band. Its all down to the new price here last jamuary, and the depreciation. 6% is ludicrous, 18% hardly generous for a yeat old. Go for that variant, Tdi SE technology. Stat code 40788555

Definitely, go for it. your v5c says tdi se, nothing else. The technology variant is not stated, so they cant force the L variant on you. If they say the co2 of yours is 2 higher, its still the 16% band. Its all down to the new price here last jamuary, and the depreciation. 6% is ludicrous, 18% hardly generous for a yeat old. Go for that variant, Tdi SE technology. Stat code 40788555

So should I give the new price for SE and SE Tech as advised?
    EDIT-And whats the best way to make an appeal?

• Advertisement

So should I give the new price for SE and SE Tech as advised?
    EDIT-And whats the best way to make an appeal?

Its all here
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/appeals/the-process-and-making-an-appeal.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement