Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800pro benchmark

Options
  • 26-07-2004 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this bores people to death but....does a score of 16573 in 3D2001 SE look ok for the sys in the sig?

Haven't overclocked the card yet and have a artic cooler vga silencer that i've been waiting to put on but just thought i'd let this card run for a little while before i started messing with it (had a borked card and went to alot of hassle to get it replaced)

thanks

p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You could probably get a bit more if you flash your Pro to an Xt if it can support it (proper core). Even with that though I'd expect a bit more from your system - around 17/18000 but Oc the Gfx card first and see if the scores reach those levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I get a score of 16,800 with my machine and i have the NP ati card.
    What you could do if you have not done all ready. Is go into bios and change your timmings to 11,2,2,2 which is what i have mine running at " I think this only works with the NF7-S V.2 motherboards but it might be worth a try". Also use the latest omega drivers which will intern alow you to do a little oc on your video card. I only have my machine running at 2250mhz but with an FSB of 166. This is cause one of my sticks of ram is crap and can not do its 200fsb which its ment to do.

Also my oc of my video card is only 291core and 217ram " so not good".
    Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by BadCharlie
    I get a score of 16,800 with my machine and i have the NP ati card.
    What you could do if you have not done all ready. Is go into bios and change your timmings to 11,2,2,2 which is what i have mine running at " I think this only works with the NF7-S V.2 motherboards but it might be worth a try". Also use the latest omega drivers which will intern alow you to do a little oc on your video card. I only have my machine running at 2250mhz but with an FSB of 166. This is cause one of my sticks of ram is crap and can not do its 200fsb which its ment to do.

Also my oc of my video card is only 291core and 217ram " so not good".
    Let us know how you get on.

Grand....I'll try that. just had this nagging feeling the score wasn't brilliant but just ok. I'll have a go at it when i get back this evening. Thought i's start tuning the machine up for Doom 3.....:)

p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You should be able to reach at least 19000 once you get it overclocked of flashed to an xt if you have an r360 core.

BloodBath

Advertisement