Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going O is not 'alf bad !!

Options
  • 21-05-1999 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey!!

New discovery, when your not lagged upto your ass going on the offensive can be fun..

Last night sitting round the hen house mindin the ould flag became a wee bit fustrating (a fox would come in & the chickens ran around in circles) so I drag me heavy lard ass to an INV change into a light little off the shoulder number & go visitin' ....

Great craic!, fly over / around ppl milling about below.. zap a few turrets... grab flag.. nip home. (piece of p1ss smile.gif )

donno why packetloss & ping were low last night.. but I could seriously get into doing the ould DR_teeth job.. (Hmmm maybe not)..

one thing that was a wee bit annoying...the Snowy level, I find myself in the eny flag room (heavy & ammo pak) screaming for someone to come get the fuppin flag...musta been there for 2 mins !! Nada nothing, not a sausage.. /me runs outta ammo... splat.. rest of the match was a flag chasing demo sad.gif

Thats nuff.. board was a bit quite... so my options were slaggin someone/ summit off or rambling...

ye got the ramble..

YuM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yes Yum, go offense.. no need to sit around in that boring ole' flag room in scarabae.. come out.. and play.. the flag will be quite safe. I'll.. look after it, yes..

And if you want to do the snowblind heavy-in-their-base maneveour, bring a shield pack, works wonders. If you get bored, grab the flag and mortar-jump home.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

The flag in Scarabae is *MY PERSONAL PRIVATE Flag* even looking is discouraged !! fine come visit, play with the mines, dodge a greeny or ten.. but NO lookin an me flag !!

Tiz an awful long way to come to get splatted smile.gif

I suppose it could be worse!! .. yesterday Froggy & myself babysat MY flag..

YuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

aaahh..tonight i'll be able to play again =)

Yeah that flag room is SUCH a pain to attack. If you go down the tunnel, you run into a the string of alarm mines - blow them and a mortar lands at your feet. Duck down the shaft to the big room, and there's usually a mine at the bottom of it - and then turrets/respawners in the big room itself.

Go around to the lift, and you get a mortar on your head as soon as you pop your head up. Try to run in and the turrets chew you up. Try to run in shielded and you may survive the turrets, but get nailed by a mortar dumped onto the flag as you grab it, or worse, a mortar dumped in the central bit (so the blast radius hits both alcoves and the outside).

It's damn annoying. However, multiple lights can crack it handily enough. Without the turrets it's pretty easy to zoom in and out before the mortars start going off..

Teeth.

I'll probably regreat this !!

BUT your welcome to try ... HAH !!!

Come get some !!

YuM

• Advertisement

I try quite often. But the odds are heavily against little ole me. First I have to get to the enemy base with getting wasted, or even taking much damage. Then I have to get into the base - past the plasma turret, the indoor turrets, the respawners and light defenders.
    Then I get to the flag room, and there's just me, light, in an enclosed space verses a shielded heavy surrounded by turrets and blocking devices such as ammo stations and pulse sensors, with mines to tell him when I'm coming. Add to that the fact the the flag-room is full of respawn points and it's surprising I ever get the damn flag out of there. smile.gif

Spare a thought for the poor attacker.. sniff..

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

The problem with scarabrae is that it is so fuppin hard to get 4 heavies into a damn APC for an assault!

Think about it - attack - 4 heavies on rooftop - in they go, lite pilot makes sure APC is taken out (the only way those hvys going home is in a coffin anyway). 4 hvys thunk thunk thunking down that corridor - lite follows them in with repair. Take over flag room (1 hvy with inv). Lite takes off with flag.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Easy as pie.

So let's go through this again. Why is scrabrae flag room so hard to get into? Cos it's near impossible to get four heavies into an APC!!!

why is it so hard to get 4 heavies into an apc? Cos people are muppets.

nuff fuppin said

also - my hangover is still severe, so be quiet!

biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

YuM, You're just as nasty when on the hillside outside scarabrae!!! smile.gif

I was online (as my female side - LadyHawke) and standing on the roof, lobbing greenies at the plascannon, getting ready to drop when ....

WHUMPH!

I fly off the roof backwards - wondering wtf?, and then the traditional 'Ger off me roof' message from your good self gets broadcast.

I was laughing all the way down smile.gif until I impacted and splattered all over the nice grass.

Nice one!

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote aka Ladyhawke
    "Abandon All Hope!"

hehe .. even worse I was on the console using the roof mortor....!

Woudent want to leave MY FLAG !!!

1 heavy, 4 heavies pah!! more heads for the pile wink.gif

YuM

Advertisement