Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Settings For Digiweb

• 26-07-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what are the connection settings for digiweb on a router ?

Also, what webcam they give with the bizjet packages ?

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I thought the camera was with the Home Start.

For me, it's username, password, VCI (35) and VPI (8). Turn on DCHP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

On the site it says " Special Offer € 200 free on all new orders, Free webcam "

http://dsl.digiweb.ie/bizjet.asp

Also, u say to set router to dhcp for the connection, but on bizjet / bizjet enhanced & bizjet enterprise u get a static ip ?

This Is From The Digiweb site:

Do I get a public/fixed IP address ?
    The HomeJet service is provided with a dynamic public IP which changes each time your DSL modem reconnects. The BizJet services all include a ‘fixed’ public IP address. (Digiweb reserves the right to alter the IP though if necessary for administrative reasons).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by job
    On the site it says " Special Offer € 200 free on all new orders, Free webcam "

http://dsl.digiweb.ie/bizjet.asp

Also, u say to set router to dhcp for the connection, but on bizjet / bizjet enhanced & bizjet enterprise u get a static ip ?
    It's static on the "outside", but you may still want to use DHCP inside, on your LAN. The router is going to translate the internal IP address to one of the external, static addresses anyway.

Have a dhcp server running on my network & have set dhcp passthru on the router.

So that should be that !

What type of webcam is it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

Are digiweb any use?
    For both online gaming(good pings)
    And for downloading(good DL rates)

• Advertisement

I get 35-40ms to SUperserver.co.uk for Desert Combat (El Alamein 24/7!!!!). Never had a problem with gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

Thats not too shaddy.
    And whgere about are you from Captain Trips?
    Would be handy to know.
    I might be changing my provider soon.

How long did it take u to get up and running Captain Trips, from submitting order ?

Also, i already have bought a wireless adsl router & want to know if theres anyway to connect the router up & check to see if the line has been turned on for dsl ??

...what are the settings for digiweb ??

Encapsulation ?
    Multiplexing ?
    ect....

Cheers !

Took me the full 10 days to get the DSL line activated. I had a router so I was online straight away but their modem arrived 2 days later.

I am in MOunt Merrion area.

Job: just plug it into the line. If you don't have one, get a DSL filter first as otherwise it's unlikely to work. THen just plug the router into the appropriate DSL port on the DSL filter.

Peat's have them and it seems absolutely no other shop in Dublin does. they are 8 quid I think.

• Advertisement

Yep, have the filter. Thought that was just for when u connected a phone onto the line, aswell as the dsl modem ?

So basically, when the line is enabled, the adsl light on the router should turn on ??

job wrote:
    Yep, have the filter. Thought that was just for when u connected a phone onto the line, aswell as the dsl modem ?

So basically, when the line is enabled, the adsl light on the router should turn on ??

Yeah, it can take 30-60 seconds though as the router negotiates the DSL connection. Only happens at power up, not a problem if you just leave it on all the time (no reason not to).

I plugged my router straight into the socket with a phone cable and it didn't work though, so at least for me I need the filter.

Ok, cheers for all the info :)

Advertisement