Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheepest place for poker chips

Options
  • 26-07-2004 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I know that a shop across from the gamesworksop in town sells 100 poker chips for 10E and that seems to be the cheepest i was told 2day that argus have a good offer something like 200 chips and 2 decks of cards for 30E

Does anyone know any good places to buy chips in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

no point in buying them in Dublin mate, or anywhere in Ireland for that matter. Get them online, from ebay or from a decent store like pokerchips.com (there are cheaper than them though). search through the posts on this board from the last couple of months, there's a good thread with a lot of info about buying poker chips. I've had too much wine to look it up right now. maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you're just looking for ****ty chips, go to pen corner oppositish central bank and get 100 for 8 quid, get two sets and you've enough chips for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have done extensive research. The best place I have found is www.viptrades.com

Let me know if you buy anything. Guy from work bought a set of chips. He is very happy with the chips and the service.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Brenfer in Capel Street is selling a pack of 100 chips (25x4 colours) for €19.99. Buy six packs for the price of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MrPudding: The best place I have found is www.viptrades.com

Looks like a good set. Any idea what he paid for postage?

• Advertisement

Answered my own question.. It's an additional $68.25 for the $59.95 set..
    I fcuking hate delivery charges.. :D

Still only around 100 euro for a decent looking chip-set..

Anyone know any London shops that sell poker chips for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by David Stewart
    Brenfer in Capel Street is selling a pack of 100 chips (25x4 colours) for €19.99. Buy six packs for the price of 5.

U can get rhe same set of 100 25x4 for 10E or as pointed out aboe 8E oposite centrel bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

I just got chips from eswnarts on ebay. Everything present and correct.

A recommendation you might say

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=899&item=6110894224&rd=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Special Days in liffey valley will be selling 9gram and 11.5 gram clay chips from next Wed/Thurs.
    Prices will be €15 for 50 11.5 gram chips which seems reasonable given shipping costs from abroad. Around €100 for a set of 300 with case.

Cool. Sounds like it's well worth a look...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That ain't terrible prices ya know.
    Online after shipping it costs about 140-150 for 500 11.5 with a case.
    There it'll prolly cost around 180 by the prices ya've given me, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hope they aren't the same ones as they have on the website.

http://www.specialdays.ie/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Median

I'm going to be visiting Ireland from the UK between 14th to 21st August and I'll be at either the Fitz or the Merrion (not decided yet) on Wednesday the 18th.

My wholesaler has just taken stock of some chip sets and I'll be very happy to bring some over for those who might want them. I'll put up some pictures and details on my website tonight and post a link on here.

In the meantime, the sets comprise:
    either 300, 500, 650 or 1000 chips, all 11.5 grams, Royal Suited
    clay filled, metal centre, acrylic composite
    aluminium case
    2 dealer buttons
    2 decks of cards
    5 acrylic dice

Prices are:
    300 chip set - 75 Euros
    500 chip set - 95 Euros
    650 chip set - 120 Euros
    1000 chip set - 185 Euros

Also available are reversible poker / blackjack table tops at 75 Euros.

These prices are what I pay the wholesaler and I will deliver them to whichever card room I happen to go to on Wednesday night (I'll let you know which it will be in plenty of time and give you my number in case of difficulty).

Unfortunately, I would need payment with order by 8 pm Sunday the 8th at the latest as I'll be at the wholesalers first thing on Monday (I'll invoice anyone who wants anything via PayPal). Also, I'm probably going to be limited to a maximum of about 8 sets and 3 or 4 table tops in total due to the weight and space needed.

As I am not making anything on these, I know the driver would appreciate any tips you may wish to leave him at the time of delivery ;)

Private Message me if you want more info or to order anything.

Look forward to meeting and playing some of you on the 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Median

Details now uploaded at:

http://www.mm1mdp.co.uk/pokerchips

duh - how dumb am I? Forgot to show you what the chips look like :rolleyes:

I have uploaded a new page to the web. If you go to the address above you will now see what the red chip looks like. The others are all the same design.

Picked up one of these sets for myself and they really are very good, especially at that price. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Kelter wrote:
    I just got chips from eswnarts on ebay. Everything present and correct.

A recommendation you might say

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=899&item=6110894224&rd=1

Hi,

I bought chips as well from this guy based on the above recommendation - not bad quality chips at all, but the case is quite cheap and I dont know how durable it will be. All in all, it cost about STG£80 (the shipping is a pain), and that was for 500 chips, 4 dice, 2 decks of cards and a carry case.

Eoin_S

Advertisement