Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else getting this...?

Options
  • 22-05-1999 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I notice the table headers on the EM news page dont appear in netscape. But they work fine in IE4/5. I've tried everything to get them to work but netscape never seems to acknowledge them, showing the background as black...anyone else see this?

Cardinal Fang, fetch...the comfy chair!
    clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SS 01 Coyote

Yep! sad.gif

I tested it for ya using Netscape 4.5, and its exactly as you say, loosing the table headers.

Regards,

[SS-01]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

aggghhh!....b0lllix!!...whats causing it? sad.gif

The EM url is gonna be publicised pretty soon and i want the site looking its best if ya know what i mean smile.gif

clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Like I said, the browsers have different scoping rules for font attributes. Place font tags in each cell and it should work.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

well..since i'm using ie i'd have to say, nice site (if it's the same one i'm looking at =) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Netscape requires that individual cells within tables are commented fully with individual tags. MSIE does not require this. Therein lies your problem.

Frankly, people that use the dire interface that is Netscrape deserve to see websites displayed wrongly. URghh, GET A DECENT BROWSER smile.gif

--Brit--

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

why not phrase that

"anyone who uses a dire MS program like Frontpage" deserves to see their site loading wrong in netscape

Get dreamweaver and homesite. MUCH better.,

well i have both browsers on my system (ie5 and nn4.6) but i personally stick to netscape cause its way more stable than Ie and when it does crash it doesnt take ur entire os down with it.

Yeh i tried dreamweaver, its miles better than frontpage but the trial ran out ages ago and as with most macromedia trial products, no amount of reinstalling or registry tweaking will get it to work. And I dont have £300-400 smile.gif. Still ill give homesite a go.

clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

ah never mind, did away with the table headers altoghether. See what ye think.

clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

wannnnn netscape ya durty ****AS {!}

Advertisement