Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrion Game - August 2nd

Options
  • 27-07-2004 9:18am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Merrion game this Monday 7pm is fastly approaching - should be a good crowd and a bigger prize fund. There is two changes from last month - no bad beat prize, the Terminator will remain with bigger prize money & the starting chips have been increased to 4000

See you there

Hyzepher

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We'll be doing something *slightly* different with the terminator chips this time but I shall explain all on the night (*evil grin*).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Who got the bad beat prize last time and for what? Must say I'm pleased about the starting chips increase, that should give me another 40 or 50 hands to wait for aces. from now on, I Am A Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stevegse

Why do we get 4000 instead of 3000 this time? I think 3000 was more then enough in the last, also if you expect more people to show up the game will go on for much longer because of it. Maybe if the blinds were to go up faster? But there would not be much point in change anything if you have to compensate for the chip increase.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you want the early stages to go on longer and last time people who lost even a small (5-600) hand started to feel under pressure... I think we felt it should give people more time to settle in and a feeling of better value for money...

(Increasing the blinds duration only achieves that end for those who sit and get blinded away, an active/aggressive player gets little benefit from such an elongation of levels)

DeV.

Advertisement