Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And now we return you to your scheduled trash talk...

Options
  • 27-07-2004 10:22am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've got a bunch of fivers in my pocket says I can out last the following fish at Monday's game.

La Fortezza. Oh yeah baby, number 1 on the list...

Hyzepher. So long as I dont play in the first hand of the night, thats in the bag.

and

Mr Pudding. He may have a monster but really, he's just compensating...

If you want to challenge someone to a head to head in "who can last the longest" post here and if you want to accept a challenge, post here too. I'll lock the thread before Monday and then all bets are sealed.

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Man - u haven't a chance of out lasting me - I ain't going to play a hand for 2 hrs.

I'll take €20 that I outlast you!

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DeVore
    I've got a bunch of fivers in my pocket says I can out last the following fish at Monday's game.

DeV.
    I'll see that for a fiver. If we go heads up and I outdraw you then you can take your fiver back. Teh satisfaction and gloating rights will be enough for me...

that Marq guy, I'll bust him good. Oscar had better be careful too...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

wooaaaahh... look who grew a pair and joined us in Phylum Vertebrae!
    I hear KJ is your favourite hand... [1]

DeV.
    [1]Knob Jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

wooaaaahh... look who grew a pair and joined us in Phylum Vertebrae!
    I hear KJ is your favourite hand... [1]

DeV.
    [1]Knob Jockey
    I have a busy weekend of poker ahead of me... I have the BSOP on friday evening.... I'll see you there DeV, although while I'll be playing you'll be handing out the snacks.
    I think you got knocked out on the bubble this month in the BSOP heat. I forget who knocked you out, good looking guy I hear, funny too...

ON THE BUBBLE BIATCH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Originally posted by lafortezza
    that Marq guy, I'll bust him good.
    What's that I smell? Smells like....Fear

I accept the challenge. you would do well to accept your defeat gracefully.

Oh I do like a bit of trash talking. this is beginning to look like a Quake forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

20 Ciggies says I outlast you Marq!

ooh, he knows I can't resist a Smooth Camel Filter. Juan Pablo, you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hyzepher. So long as I dont play in the first hand of the night, thats in the bag.

and

If you want to challenge someone to a head to head in "who can last the longest" post here and if you want to accept a challenge, post here too. I'll lock the thread before Monday and then all bets are sealed.

DeV.

I think I outlasted all of the above players.

I am on a mission this weekend. The July Final, something on Saturday, free in on Sunday and the Merrion freezeout on the Monday. Apologies in advance to my victims and anybody unfortunate enough to be near me during my victory dances.

Crush, kill, destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What to do, what to do,

Do I want a challenge and something that may prove difficult or do I simply choose Devore and Amp at €20 each and take the easy money??

Decisions Decisions....:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

funny... I heard amp schooled your pansy ass at the heats actually... :p

DeV.

• Advertisement

He seems a little indecisive too. Me, I've already made my decision. It's called crush, kill, destroy.

well everybody gets lucky sometimes, still I'm feeling pretty confident about this one, so does that mean that you are both agreeing to the challenge?? :D

I'll take you for a fiver to keep it friendly.

DeV.

I've thought about it and to be honest I don't like the whole idea of betting on players finishing ahead of others. After all I don't want to be in the position of having to extract money out of people when they've just gone out of a tournament.

No doubt people will interept the above as cowardice. Fortunately I don't give a shit.

However in the interests of keeping Iago happy I propose the following:

When I finish ahead of you, you add the following to your signature:
    amp is a far better poker player than I

and if the incredibly unlikely case of you finishing ahead of me comes about I will put the following in my signature:
    Iago is a far better poker player than I

The change would last until the next Merrion freeze out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Luke ill accept that, easy money. and anyone else that wants to give me money ill accept, JP or Dev maybe

just in case there was any doubt I'll be accepting both Dev and AMP's proposals :)

Well played Iago, although you have to admit I was close :)

P.s. Despite Dev's raising of the signature character limit to 1000 my sig is still too big to be edited. I'll sort it tommorow.

DeVore wrote:

and

DeV.

So that would be mission accomplished. La Fartezza, Hyzepher and Mr Pudding outlasted. Mr P didnt take up the challenge so I had to knock him out myself to get his fiver. Tight git.
    Someone gave Iago a ridiculous number of chips early on!
    I'll raise the sig limit again so that Amp can adjust his (*giggle*).

DeV.

I'm feeling the Sting of owing Lafortezza a fiver and JP a box of deathsticks. My flopped set got called by an overpair in the hole which tripped on the turn. No getting away from situations like that really, so I don't feel too bad.
    Not sure who I ran into, want to own up? they had a monster stack afterwards, took nearly 5,000 off me before the break.

DeVore wrote:
    So that would be mission accomplished. La Fartezza, Hyzepher and Mr Pudding outlasted. Mr P didnt take up the challenge so I had to knock him out myself to get his fiver. Tight git.
    Someone gave Iago a ridiculous number of chips early on!
    I'll raise the sig limit again so that Amp can adjust his (*giggle*).

DeV.

*giggle* all you like bubble boy, I gots paid!

P.s my signature is 1284 characters in size.

• Advertisement

Very enjoyable night, although I was hoping to bust you both myself, still can't have everything I guess!! Well done for organising lads, if we could make it a weekly event I'd nearly play in it rather than the rebuys in the fitz....

say a thursday, friday or saturday night, although it would be hard to get the club at that time I'm sure..

Advertisement