Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official Line

• 27-07-2004 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi People I was at the Donegal / Fermanagh game at the weekend and something hit me.

In Extra time the game starts a fresh with 15 men on the feild no matter who was sent off.(Donegal had Devanney dismissed during the seventy minutes) Does the yellow cards carry over into extra time also. (Stephen McDermot was sent off for a second yellow in the first minute of extra time) The paper reports a straight red but that was not the case it clearly was a second yellow.

This is NOT sour grapes as we are better off out of the frame for the rest of the season. Good luck to Fermanagh with the rest of there season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Originally posted by bennyc
    Hi People I was at the Donegal / Fermanagh game at the weekend and something hit me.

In Extra time the game starts a fresh with 15 men on the feild no matter who was sent off.

I know this doesnt answer your question, but this is an insane rule. If a player gets sent off in a game which could go to extra time and then the game does end up in extra time he/she should stay off the field, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I agree it is a joke but the line on it is that it is a new game. The rules are all over the place there was a link on www.gaa.ie with the full download which is missing.

Ross beat Sligo with a man comming back on in extra time. ( The other side of the coin)

Also the man sent off cannot come back on in extra time even if it is two yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Agree that the rules are silly, not to mention contradictory.

A player sent off in normal time cannot play in extra time, however his team are allowed start extra time with 15 men. Note, they can make any number of substitutions between the end of normal time and the beginning of extra time.

A yellow card received in normal time DOES carry forward to extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It should be treated as the same game, as that is what it really is. A new game would be a replay. They don't set the scores back to 0 after all. So red and yellow cards should of course carry into extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

It has to be the worst rule off the GAA. A red card cant carry over but the player is suspended for extra time (on two yellows) and yellow cards carry over. I think the GAA should really change this rule ASAP. I wonder it the idea of both teams allowed full 15 is to help the possibility of a replay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement