Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Game €40 Freezeout Friday 30th July 7.30pm

Options
  • 27-07-2004 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Hosting another game this Friday, if some of the visitors could provide chips and cards (as per usual :)) it would be much apreciated.

I decided to go with a freezeout as the last game lasted an eternity, cash games afterwards, usual blinds structure(up every 20 mins) , we'll decide on the night when best to freeze the blinds. 500/1000 is a good level, but it all depends on how many players are left.

Starting off for 7.30 P.M

10 Places

(non of the wacky permitted until after the game!!)

I realise this is very close to the Merrion freezeout, I might bring down the price of the game if that is going to affect people being able to show or not.

I am also going to ask that people smoke outside/in the kitchen, as people end up smoking like troopers, not really fair on the non.

Any q's pm/post.

Based in Stillorgan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I may be interested Samba. Not a definite yet though, as there's a possibility I might be heading south for the w/end. I'd be in favour of lowering the buy in a little too - but if majority are happy to pay €40, and I'm able to play I'd stump up!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The BSOP finals is this Friday in my place so I had better stick around to serve snacks... :(

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Originally posted by DeVore
    The BSOP finals is this Friday in my place so I had better stick around to serve snacks... :(

DeV.

BSOP groupie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Hmm, BSOP and the Merrion, if there is not enough interest im gonna move it to saturday and lower the Price to 30.

Provisionally I will go ahead as planned until i get a better idea of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fridays out for me but I'd be interested in Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd be interested. €20 would suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Puts name on list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

hey, ifs its going ahead on saturday, schtick me down please boyo!

thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If you move it to saturday then put me down for it.

Looks like I'll be around for the w/end, so count me in. Fri or Sat at €30 would suit me fine. If Sat is it going to be an afternoon game rather than night??

• Advertisement

O.k,

Saturday it is, what would people prefer afternoon or night? I have the day/night free so either suits.

So far the list is.

Myself
    Dirkey
    Amp
    Cormie
    Davey
    Karlh
    lafortezza

Luke or Dirkey, any chance you could bring some chips n cards? (no laziness now! :) )

I propose to make it for 6?

Buy in, i don't see many people asking to lower the price, so I would be more inclined to stay at €40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

poker newb kratta would like to sign up please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

6 sounds good

not much else to do on a saturday, maybe we could even play outside if the weather is good. Anyone have steel cards or anyhthing so they wont blow away? €40 is a bit too pricey. I'll see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

if any more places dodger will play

edit...satdays no good sorry

I can probably bring chips alright Samba, though I won't be able to bring KEM's. Don't have any! As for the chips, I can bring them alright, but it may be best if someone else does, as I may have to skip off relatively early again - will probably be in here working over the weekend.

Myself
    Dirkey
    Amp
    Cormie (Maybe)
    Davey
    Karlh
    lafortezza
    krattapopov

2-3 Spaces left

I'll bug Luke to bring his along Dirkey, I'll be at the freeroll in the fitz later on.

I'll bring my chips. Saturday at 6pm is fine for me.
    Would a €20 + €20 rebuy be better? There's nothing worse than having your aces busted early on and having to sit out for ages until other people get knocked out. Just a suggestion.

I'll bring my chips.
    Anyone prefer a €20 + €20 rebuy instead of the €40 freezeout? Nothing worse than getting knocked out early and having to sit around...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

lafortezza wrote:
    I'll bring my chips.
    Anyone prefer a €20 + €20 rebuy instead of the €40 freezeout? Nothing worse than getting knocked out early and having to sit around...

I'm with Luke on this one, €20+€20 rebuy or top up would be better.
    Maybe rebuy until end of level 3 or so?

Still no reason to be going in pre-flop with ****e like AA tho!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'd prefer freezeout but if the majority prefer re-buy I won't object. Hey new smilies let me see - I'll go with this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Put me down. I could use the practice before monday.

Samba, I reckon since you're good enough to be hosting the game, just go with what you want - be it freezeout or rebuy! I'm sure people will play regardless and be happy just for the game!

I am leaning more towards the freeze out, but I wouldn't rest well knowing people weren't happy :)

I propose a vote on the night, if we do go with a rebuy, the top-up rebuy level will be stricly kept at level 3, as the last time we extended it and the game went on for a long long time, too long.

I'll pm everyone directions later.

Samba wrote:
    I propose a vote on the night, if we do go with a rebuy, the top-up rebuy level will be stricly kept at level 3, as the last time we extended it and the game went on for a long long time, too long.
    Yeah, I remember the last time I went along to a boards home game, we allowed the host an extra buy in - said host then went on to not only eliminate me from the game, but finish in the money. Now who could that have been?? :)

I remember vaguely Dirkey, can't quite put my finger on who it was exactly :D

Oh, do we have KEM's? (im looking at Luke)

I have two sets of crappy cards, worst case scenario.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, I seem to recall arguing for the host to have a rebuy and then he turned round and called my bluff with a hand only one pip better then mine!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DeV.
    ps: theres an off chance that I'll ring you guys tomorrow and see if theres still a seat free if I get a hankering for more poker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

6 is fine for me, vote on the night for the freezeout/rebuy, will head up with davey devil

I'd prefer freezeout but if the majority prefer re-buy I won't object. Hey new smilies let me see - I'll go with this one :eek:

I'm with Davey. Could we please vote now because I wont be playing if it's a re-buy so I don't want to say I'm going and then leave if re-buy is voted for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Is this kicking off at 6 or 7.30?

Advertisement