Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio question

Options
  • 27-07-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm developing a win32 app.

The problem is Visual studio has started to give me trouble. I open the dsw project file, make some changes to the source code, but when I go to the compiler, the changes seem to be ignored.

For example, I can comment out the win32 main code and the program still compiles and runs?

Ive tried copying the files into a new folder, but no joy..

Any ideas,

Thanks,
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

try a clean and rebuild all the files.

build-> clean.
    then
    build->rebuild all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Thanks man,

that seems to have solved the problem,

Strange tho, Ive never noticed this before, but in my menu, Ive three build menu items??

I dont know what thats about?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

VS act’s weird sometimes. A while ago I wrote a very small test program in VC++ and it wouldn’t compile. The code was perfect and it still wouldn’t compile, so I copied and pasted the code into a new project and it compiled fine. (Probably just one of the many bugs that MS are so good at developing).

Advertisement