Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Where to buy

Options
  • 27-07-2004 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Having been disgusted to see that Game will be charging €59.99 for Doom 3 I was just wondering if anybody else has prices on what it is going to cost. Best I have seen so far is Play for €44.99.

I'd imagine Gamestop will be about the €54 mark but I'm not sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I ordered it from CDWOW for €38.07 (after currency conversion this is the amount on my CC statement) (HK site)

I don't think they have properly categorised PC games there yet, but you can find it in the search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Doom 3 €37.99 www.cdwow.ie and I think that also includes postage...... so there sod play and game.

.............edit............ how convenient it seems the lad above posted while I was typing................. sorry.
    Richy.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Nice one guys.

Just ordered from CDWOW cracking price. €22 cheaper (GAME take note)

Hope it comes on time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

when u order online how late does it arrive?
    also on cd wow what type of box do u get with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

For a game like Doom3, I'd rather pay 60 and get it on the day of release instead of waiting from cdwow. Everything comes from hong kong so there is no way you'll get the game until at least a week after it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sites like CDWOW and Play often send stuff out before the release date so that people who preordered it will get it on the day of release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Play does and sites like gameplay, but cd wow don't, it never worked for me when I preordered a few games a while back. Postage from Hong Kong takes ages too which adds on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

thnaks for that info i will buy on rlease date aswell. Extra game are suposed to have the special edition of doom3 for 50 euro is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Ronan
    Having been disgusted to see that Game will be charging €59.99 for Doom 3
    Where did you get this info from? I was in Game grafton st today and they couldn't tell me the price they were going to be selling at OR the actual date of release.

Seems to be a lot of confusion about this release! I still haven't found out wtf mx2.co.uk are doing (see this thread for the gory details) with my pre-order, play.com didn't give me any useful info after an email, high st retailers don't have much of a clue.. and everyone seems to list a different release date .. confusion reigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

I think i'd rather pay the extra €7 and get the game from Play.com. At least i know i can trust them to deliver on time.But i'm not giving Game €60 of my hard earned cash.What on earth will thay charge for Half-Life2 which will be even more popular.I shudder at the tought :(

• Advertisement

Originally posted by LoBo
    Where did you get this info from? I was in Game grafton st today and they couldn't tell me the price they were going to be selling at OR the actual date of release.

It was stuck on the Doom 3 Boxes in GAME in Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Have ordered from Play.com (€42) as they've never let me down before.....games usually get delivered about 3 working days later....

So if the current release dates are kosher I could get it on the Wednesday after Game et al get it.....and if it suks a55 (which it won't) I can return it after 7 days - unlike Game now as far as I've heard.........

chamone
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Elessar
    Postage from Hong Kong takes ages too which adds on time.

Postage from Hong Kong does not take ages.
    Stuff from CDWOW takes on average 4 days to get to me once despatched.
    The fastest it's arrived is 2 days! That's happened more than a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Rang up EB....em, Game there last week, was told price would be 45 give or take a fiver ... I'm guessing it'll be the give option.
    I'd trust Play.com more than Game, and prefer their attitude to returns/problems.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Does any one know for sure what date Game, GameStop, Smiths etc are going to release it on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Originally posted by User45701
    when u order online how late does it arrive?
    also on cd wow what type of box do u get with the game?

DVD i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I thought it was only being released on CD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

DVD case he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Yeah sorry, I misread the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

RRP €49.99 due August 13th, and expected to go cheaper and earlier according to the VERY cute girl in GAME in Henry St...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Absolam
    RRP €49.99 due August 13th, and expected to go cheaper and earlier according to the VERY cute girl in GAME in Henry St...
    The blonde?
    She is cute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bah I'll just wait till I can find it for €9.99 on the bottom shelf, takes a few years, but this trick never fails me.
    Maybe by then I'll have a decent enough (10GHz) PC to run it and they'll have patched all the bugs out of it.
    It pays to stay behind the times.

Pfff don't pay anything near to €60 for a game, you're only encouraging them.

Hmm, Liffet Valley Game must have had the wrong price on the boxes (they were on it!).

Still, €38 beats €49, which is still too expensive for a PC title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If Game is selling it for €50+ I think I'll just "rent" it from them untill it arrives from Play ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

What I always do is ring all the outlets, i.e., Smiths, Gamestop, etc. on the day of release, find out how much they are charging, then take a wonderful amount of pleasure going in to Game and having them match the price. Best one was UT2003, I think Game had it for 59 or something ridiculous, Gamestop (then Gamesworld) were selling for 39. The girl behind the counter rang them in front of me 'cos she did not believe me.
    I do this, by the way, because I then get the points on my Game Card to avail of further discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

When is the game actually being released here in Europe.. August 2nd in the states I know. Amazon and Play state it is August 13th for the Uk.. This is a fairly big ****ing gap.. Too big to be honest... I was dying the buy the game but dont wanna wait nearly 2 weeks longer that the thick yanks..

Tempted to download it of BT so I can play it until my copy is delivered in the post.. I wont feel guilty then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well they were quoted as 6th august for the uk. I think theyre saying 13th just so they can say friday the 13th doomsday type crap. I hope play get it early, i think theyll have it by the 4th/5th august tbh....this 13th august is all rubbish i personally think.Reckon we'll all have it by the 7th/8th anyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!"

– Id's Todd Hollenshead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

rabid wrote:
    Have ordered from Play.com (€42) as they've never let me down before.....games usually get delivered about 3 working days later....

So if the current release dates are kosher I could get it on the Wednesday after Game et al get it.....and if it suks a55 (which it won't) I can return it after 7 days - unlike Game now as far as I've heard.........

chamone
    :ninja:
    It says in the policy that you can only return your product if it's unopened (or damaged obviously). Do you get away with bringing back crap games?

Advertisement