Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Where to buy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah, some people in the US already have it, so I would expect it to show up over here towards the end of next week, begining of the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Elessar wrote:
    Yeah, some people in the US already have it, so I would expect it to show up over here towards the end of next week, begining of the week after.

If this was the case it would be available already to download.. And its not so I would be skeptical.. And yes, I did see the pics..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its definatly out. Go to the www.planetdoom.com forums. There are a few people that claim to have it and some have posted plenty of proof.

EDIT: Here's some proof: http://malican.freeservers.com/main.html

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its definatly out. Go to the www.planetdoom.com forums. There are a few people that claim to have it and some have posted plenty of proof.

EDIT: Here's some proof: http://malican.freeservers.com/main.html

Cant really argue with that can I.. Looks bitchen..

If this was the case it would be available already to download.. And its not so I would be skeptical.. And yes, I did see the pics..

Ah well its started appearing on the net for download.. Cant wait till its out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Wohoo!! God bless the internet. I'm going to buy the game also of course. Support the games u actually like!!

Wohoo!! God bless the internet. I'm going to buy the game also of course. Support the games u actually like!!

Thats exactly my thinking.. Is it sort of legit to download it as a stop gap to getting the game delivered in the post or from the shops?

Noiticed pictures of the manual and some cheats are appearing online too..

Gamespot even have the manual pictures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Stephen wrote:
    I ordered it from CDWOW for €38.07 (after currency conversion this is the amount on my CC statement) (HK site)

I don't think they have properly categorised PC games there yet, but you can find it in the search engine.

What's the addy of the Hong Kong site? As for Play - they say it's not out til 13/8!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thats exactly my thinking.. Is it sort of legit to download it as a stop gap to getting the game delivered in the post or from the shops?

No.

(apparently just saying 'no' is too short for boards)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Has anyone checked with GAME what their release date is?

I was in Game today and they're now saying September sometime!

monument wrote:
    No.

(apparently just saying 'no' is too short for boards)

Well I have paid my pennys now so its sort of legit.. even thought its not, I am happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Macros42 wrote:
    What's the addy of the Hong Kong site? As for Play - they say it's not out til 13/8!

CDWow.ie

they say they are shipping Aug 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Ronan wrote:
    CDWow.ie

Just checked my order status with cdwow and apparently it's been shipped for me today! Which is nice... if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

I second Dr Loons observation. I checked CDWOW and it would appear that they have dispatched my copy of Doom today. I have ordered CD's from those guys before and their dispatched notices all were bang on for me. Also I had a 6 or 7 day wait (but that is down to Athlone.... so Dub would be sooner I guess) for delivery. So as it stands today, there is a chance i'll be popping in my copy by the 9th or 10th, and here was me thinking that i'd have to wait for weeks after it's 'official' release of the 13th!!....... :D

Just checked and mine is gone too.

Hope it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just ordered too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Checked with Gamestop in clare hall.

39.99 (afair) and release date is November 4th, or 14th (I wasn't really paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

November??? What are they thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Just goes to show irish shops dont have a clue :/ Game have it as september, gamestop are November . No wonder everyones buying it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I ordered mine from Play.com in the hope that they will have it early and ship before or on monday...but I might just go with cd wow.... does anyone know how long delivery takes from play.com to dublin once your order is shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Usually only takes a couple of days, my orders from play.com have almost always come in about 3 days.

So has anyone actually rung up Game and asked them when it will be in-store? How the hell do they expect to sell any copies by releasing it a month after their competitors?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I think the deal with the funny release dates is that Activision (the publisher) have release a more expensive 'special' edition (only difference is a cardboard outer cover) that is shipping now, and will go for the normal-priced standard edition in about 2 months. To quote from the email from Activision to retailers:
    "There is a limited edition launch on 13th August. This will be a normal
    scanavo case inserted into a premium card box outer.
    The premium box will be available for a limited time only (roughly 8-10
    weeks), after which the card outer will be removed, leaving just the
    standard edition in the marketplace."
    My emphasis. A good display of How To Shaft The Consumer.

So maybe the shop with the november release date isn't selling the Special Edition?

Brando_ie wrote:
    I had a 6 or 7 day wait (but that is down to Athlone.... so Dub would be sooner I guess) for delivery.

That'd be right - 3 days from Hong Kong to Dublin and 4 days from Dublin to Athlone :rolleyes:

Ronan wrote:
    CDWow.ie

I meant the Hong Kong site. Found it - it's cd-wow.com.hk. I heard before that prices for CDs and DVDs can be cheaper on that one than on the .ie version. In this case it cheaper on the .ie page tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hello

Re Order No xxxxxxx

Just to let you know that
    Game Product Doom 3 has been dispatched.

Please allow 5 to 7 days for the goods to arrive.

If after this time, you are still waiting for your item, please let us know.

This completes your order.

Thank you for shopping at http://www.cd-wow.com

Come back and shop with us again soon.

Kind regards

Customer Service
    www.cd-wow.com

*splooooooge*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Stephen wrote:
    *splooooooge*

Got that mail myself this morning. I ordered a CD from cdwow last week and I got the shipping confirmed Saturday. It arrived yesterday. An Post weren't working Monday were they? So I'm figuring it out at delivery in one day?!!? Doesn't seem right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

L5 wrote:
    Just goes to show irish shops dont have a clue :/ Game have it as september, gamestop are November . No wonder everyones buying it online.
    GAME in Henry St say 13th..but no price...

• Advertisement

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Got that mail myself this morning. I ordered a CD from cdwow last week and I got the shipping confirmed Saturday. It arrived yesterday. An Post weren't working Monday were they? So I'm figuring it out at delivery in one day?!!? Doesn't seem right

I got the email too. But if I thought for a second it would come before the middle of next week I will be a happy bunny.

Advertisement