Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Where to buy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Just ordered mine from cdwow.It says on the website the game will be dispatched on Monday 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Might Say Aug 9th, but they started to dispach yesterday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

dr.loon - very same happened to me. I orrdered a few cds last tuesday and they arrived yesterday evening (recvd dispatch notification on friday). I ordered doom 3 at the same time....should have it early next week if not friday!
    hope my pc can handle it

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Just ordered it now in the hope of having it for Gamecon next weekend!.
    Nem.

so, it seems the stuff from CDWOW is coming quite quickly at the moment. Well, fingers crossed. I'll post here when mine arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Anyone have a link to download the demo???

I don't think there is a demo out yet, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

id stated that they will not be releasing a demo until after the game has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

scargill wrote:
    dr.loon - very same happened to me. I orrdered a few cds last tuesday and they arrived yesterday evening (recvd dispatch notification on friday). I ordered doom 3 at the same time....should have it early next week if not friday!
    hope my pc can handle it

Well, going by the speed I received my CD, I should get Doom 3 this week. Here's hoping anyway. In the meantime I'm gonna rebuild my PC to freshen it up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

from cdwow :(

3 Aug 2004
    Windows
    Doom 3 (CD-ROM)
    Pending Despatch
    Pre-Release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Mine's ordered on the 4th and still hasn't gone to 'pending dispatch' - they must have a lot of orders!

Yeah, I ordered mine a few weeks ago... first come first served I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

CDWOW aren't shipping Doom3 out anymore, seems a few got lucky. I ordered it yesterday morning, still no sign of it shipping so i mailed them today. They said they're shipping it on the release date (monday the 9th), because they can't ship products before the release date (hah!).

I got the same response.
    If it is sent Monday will I have it by Friday?.
    I've ordered a set of golf clubs from the states on a Sunday and had them wednesday morning..a CD should be as quick..I hope.
    And will it be available in any retail shops this week in Dublin?
    Nem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Nemesis wrote:
    And will it be available in any retail shops this week in Dublin?
    Nem.

I was just in HMV on Henry Street and they have a box on display with 13 August on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Nemesis wrote:
    I've ordered a set of golf clubs from the states on a Sunday and had them wednesday morning.
    Where did you order them from? It's rare that you can order stuff from the states over the net.

neXus9 wrote:
    Where did you order them from? It's rare that you can order stuff from the states over the net.

I've bought loads of stuff from the states. I had a good one a couple of years ago. I'd won a voucher for $500 for an electronics site. I decided to buy a MiniDisc walkman and a CD-Writer from them. The CD-writer was fine but they told me that they couldn't ship the MiniDisc abroad because it's a class 3 laser product! So what exactly is a CD-Writer then???

In any event I just got the two delivered to my brother who was in Chicago at the time and he brought them home a couple of weeks later - as second-hand so avoiding duties anyway :)

As for other things shipped from the States - books, cds dvds, stratocaster guitar, PC memory. all with no problems.

Macros42 wrote:
    As for other things shipped from the States - books, cds dvds, stratocaster guitar, PC memory. all with no problems.
    Could you tell me any US sites that deliver to Ireland? Did you use a forwarding address??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Got an email from cdwow saying doom3 is out of stock :eek: .Does anyone know if its possible to cancel an order with cdwow so i can get the game on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Amazon.com ships to Ireland, Nexus.

• Advertisement

Amazon.com ships to Ireland, Nexus.
    They don't send over hardware stuff like ipods though which is a damn shame. They only deal outside US with stuff like dvds, books, cd etc.

neXus9 wrote:
    Could you tell me any US sites that deliver to Ireland? Did you use a forwarding address??

No forwarding address. Books and CDs from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. I can't remember the site I got the guitar from but I can try and find it if you're interested.

Well, I'm interested in buying a left hand guitar.

I'll have a look and see if I can find them again.

I just cancelled my order from cdwow.ie when I got this e-mail

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: Doom 3 (CD-ROM) Windows

We are temporarily out of stock of this title. We do hope to be able to dispatch this item to you on the 13/8/2004.

As soon as this item is dispatched we will send you an e-mail message confirming shipment.

Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery within the UK.

Please also rest assured that the delay to this item will not affect any other items that you may have ordered from us.

We will notify you immediately if there are any further updates with regards to this title.

We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD-WOW!

So where can I buy this game and have it for Gamecon this weekend?.

Nem.

Mine just arrived from CDWOW in the post this morning. I lke the Box with the flip open sleave.
    Just to note It is the Australian version (??) and came on 3 cds. (was hoping for DVD). But hey, it is Doom 3 that is all I care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nemesis, it's out on friday (everwhere), so you can get it in Game/HMV/Virgin all the usual places then.

Ronan - I don't think Doom3 is getting a DVD release. I preordered from CDWOW as well and got one of those early shipping confirmations last week - I hope its waiting for me when I get home from work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dammit.......
    Ordered last Thursday and it said shipping on the 9th (today)
    Logged into my email this morning to see this.

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: Doom 3 (CD-ROM) Windows

We are temporarily out of stock of this title. We do hope to be able to
    dispatch this item to you on the 13/8/2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ordered Doom 3 from CDWow last weekend, it arrived this morning here at work! Can't wait to try it out tonight. I guess I was lucky as I ordered on Sunday and it was shipped on Monday, then they stopped shipping them. Can I get a 'woot woot'?

Advertisement