Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Where to buy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

rdered Doom 3 from CDWow last weekend,
    Hmmmmz. I ordered the day after it was announced and i got told it would ship on the 13. So basically people who ordered after me are getting them ebfore me? Wheres the sense in that. Tis a good thing i already have it or i'd be mightily pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Stephen - No DVD eh, well that explains the 3 cds so! Just glad I got it now. looking forward to playing it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

just got mine today also.....it'll be a long night tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

How can I cancel with cd wow? Mine's not shpping til Friday either. I cant see a cancel option...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Just send a message to customer service.(contact us) and ask them to cancel it.
    Give them the order number too.
    Nem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

Just to let everyone that doesn't know about it already. Game will be selling Doom 3 on Friday the 13th for either 44.99 or 49.99 (more than likely it will be the latter). The only way that it will be on sale sooner is if some other retailer sells it sooner. But I can garentee that it won't be Game. As for the special edition, they don't know about that as they haven't been informed about it from the head office.

[Edit #1: Woops... sorry, I went to edit, when I was meaning to press reply, sorry!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

sam_hain wrote:
    As for the special edition, they don't know about that as they haven't been informed about it from the head office.
    Clueless rip-off merchants!! :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

neXus9 wrote:
    Clueless rip-off merchants!! :p :rolleyes:

Got it in one :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Got a call from GAME in Henry St yesterday (yes, the cute girl :D ) Friday, €49.99, all their pre orders are the limited edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Absolam wrote:
    Got a call from GAME in Henry St yesterday (yes, the cute girl :D ) Friday, €49.99, all their pre orders are the limited edition.

Might just pop down.

Is this Pale-only or would the Game in Galway have it too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Got my copy yesterday from CDWow - Its an Australian version - the only difference I can see is the box (American style - cardboard box with flip-open bit on the front with CD jewel case inside - I assume the european versions are using dvd cases?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Actually I believe that is what qualifies this as a Special Edition. The standard edition would be in a dvd case.. :/

bleh... I prefer DVD cases. The cardboard box is going to get crumpled and the jewel case will probably get cracked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Cancelled my www.play.com order as its still on "preordered" status and so prolly would'nt get it till next week....

Preordered from Game, will just have to pay the extra €8......

Just one more day........

Have cancelled dinner out with the wife Friday night......shall be locking myself in the computer room.....beer and pizza........spare pants....

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I Pre-ordered it yesterday in The Square branch of GAME.
    The bloke said he couldnt guarantee he would haveenough for all the pre-orders but he will ring me.
    So I tried the small Store near me today for curiosity and arrived as his 10 copies were been delivered..So now Got my copy.
    GAMEs loss I suppose...
    Nem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nemesis wrote:
    So I tried the small Store near me today for curiosity and arrived as his 10 copies were been delivered..So now Got my copy.
    GAMEs loss I suppose...
    Nem

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Play.com just started Processing Doom3 ;D
    _Should_ have by friday - there goes weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 me45

If you have broadband, you can just download it, or should I have said nothing as I'm now going to get abuse for suggesting this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 me45

If you have broadband, why dont you just download it? Or should I have kept my mouth shut as I'm going to get abuse about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You did read the charter... didn't you?

Oh no... wait... you didn't? Shucks.

• Advertisement

me45 wrote:
    If you have broadband, why dont you just download it? Or should I have kept my mouth shut as I'm going to get abuse about this?

So your suggesting illigal copy, and since you questioned yourself on the appropriatness of your comment, you obviously know how inappropriate it is ... and then you posted twice, just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimmyok

downloaded it last week ( and yes i have ordered a copy like a sucker which is arriving im told on friday )

Its crap ... Very tight spaces , really slow and choppy on the latest hardware , and it is no fun ..

Farcry is much much better ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

warezmonkey.jpg

Quick as a flash, I am.

you really need to get out more , that is one of the sadest things i have ever seen . poor gob****e

jimmyok wrote:
    downloaded it last week ( and yes i have ordered a copy like a sucker which is arriving im told on friday )

Its crap ... Very tight spaces , really slow and choppy on the latest hardware , and it is no fun ..

Farcry is much much better ...

Doesn't sound like you're running it on the latest hardware then, pal.

not your pal , mate .

9800pro , 2.8 ghz , 1gb ram dual channel ddr ,

can play on high settings , at 1024x786 but anything else kills it , oh and in the future , on mars , you wont have night vision goggles or be able to hold a gun in one hand and a flashlight in the other . prepare to switch from one to the other non stop , give me serious sam any day

I wouldn't consider that the latest hardware, its pretty much exactly the same as my own PC. Latest hardware would be something like an Athlon 64 with an X800 Pro/NV 6800.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

jimmyok wrote:
    you really need to get out more , that is one of the sadest things i have ever seen . poor gob****e

Go read the Games Charter - don't post on the games board untill you do.

Break any of the rules again - you might just be banned. If you cant post anything even half constructive then dont.

A note to everyone - get back on topic, this thread is not ‘confessions of the downloaders’ or 'recommend a crime to commit'!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

sam_hain wrote:
    The only way that it will be on sale sooner is if some other retailer sells it sooner. But I can garentee that it won't be Game.

something like...

the company line

"This is a completely unusual situation, and it has not happened before.... We will support street dates but not at the expense of losing customers."

If it is sold first in another retailer, I'm sure Game will tell us who that retailer was. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've seen fair few posts regarding the game, with comments similar/relating to :
    Flashlight/gun ... This was obviously done delibrately, it's a matter of opinion whether you like this or not, personally I respect game designers and their ideas, it was their choice.
    Storyline, or lackthereof ... It's meant to be based on Doom, which never had much of a story, and it was about action, adrenaline, and scaring crap outta ya :)

I know similar posts to this have been made, but well if same stupid opinions of people, who I'm starting to think shouldn't be allowed opinions, keep getting voiced, think there should be some voice on the side of reason.

Advertisement