Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Where to buy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

jimmyok wrote:
    oh and in the future , on mars , you wont have night vision goggles or be able to hold a gun in one hand and a flashlight in the other . prepare to switch from one to the other non stop , give me serious sam any day
    SeanOS wrote:
    I've seen fair few posts regarding the game, with comments similar/relating to :
    Flashlight/gun ... This was obviously done delibrately, it's a matter of opinion whether you like this or not, personally I respect game designers and their ideas, it was their choice.
    Storyline, or lackthereof ... It's meant to be based on Doom, which never had much of a story, and it was about action, adrenaline, and scaring crap outta ya :)

I know similar posts to this have been made, but well if same stupid opinions of people, who I'm starting to think shouldn't be allowed opinions, keep getting voiced, think there should be some voice on the side of reason.
    I know exactly what you mean! I don't know which is more of a troll, his feeble insults, or the fact that he said that useless excuse for a game, serious sam, was better than doom 3!! :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Back on topic again, I do not wish to download the game, I wish to purchase it. Does anyone know if it is available in any shops today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Yay! Will hopefully have an original copy early next week. It means it should be in shops on sale here tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shanerie

The guys @ play are blessing me with my preorder

*fingers crossed*

Your order for Doom III has been posted.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Please check the following order information:

Title: Doom III
    Price: £ 27.99
    Delivery Cost: FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Did yours actually ship ?
    Mine has been 'Processing' Since yesterday evening ... CC better have enough...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

game is in shops tommorrow i got a call form game in dawson st as i ordered it there ages ago and completely forgot bout it
    Brock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

mine was posted on 11/08/2004 from play.com. So should have it soon.

Bastard ;/
    I ordered months ago, and didnt ship - guess cc prob declined ... *goes to for sale forum*

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

cdwow.ie says mine has been sent today! Yay! Should get it early next week - can't wait to play it after all the talk i've heard. cdwow.ie also seem to be much quicker at the old delivery than play.com. :D

BM.

Strange ...
    Said processing from ~1500 yesterday, till today.
    then today sometime after 1500, said 'Posted 11/08/04' ...
    I break time again ? ;/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimmyok

SeanOS wrote:
    I've seen fair few posts regarding the game, with comments similar/relating to :
    Flashlight/gun ... This was obviously done delibrately, it's a matter of opinion whether you like this or not, personally I respect game designers and their ideas, it was their choice.
    Storyline, or lackthereof ... It's meant to be based on Doom, which never had much of a story, and it was about action, adrenaline, and scaring crap outta ya :)

I know similar posts to this have been made, but well if same stupid opinions of people, who I'm starting to think shouldn't be allowed opinions, keep getting voiced, think there should be some voice on the side of reason.

Sorry i hurt your feelings .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimmyok

neXus9 wrote:
    I know exactly what you mean! I don't know which is more of a troll, his feeble insults, or the fact that he said that useless excuse for a game, serious sam, was better than doom 3!! :p :rolleyes:

Is is nice of you to have a picture of your mother displayed with each post , you must really love her .

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Will have mine tomorrow. Wholesalers in Dublin recieved it today I can get it at cost price €32.50.

Yippie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

jimmyok wrote:
    Is is nice of you to have a picture of your mother displayed with each post , you must really love her .

I warned you, asked you to read the charter; you ignored the warning – now you’re banned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Play.com shipped my copy yesterday 11th so could come tomorrow (cough) or most likely sometime next week

Just looking at my email account it seems i havent gotten any postage conformation email from play.com odd but plays site says doom 3 was posted yesterday so im hopeing its just a minor oversight

monument wrote:
    I warned you, asked you to read the charter; you ignored the warning – now you’re banned
    Enough of that idiot. Good work. ;)

Just bought it today in the highstreets. Originally planned to get it online but cdwow doesn't dispatch until monday, and it was way too tempting. :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wow your fantastic wit is lost on these losers.

Hey MSCE buddy, lets talk about our acne together, maybe we could be screw some hot chicks too because everyone else is a loser but not us!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Got mine today from Smyths!

DOOM3 Jumbo deluxe collector's edition (includes 6800 Ultra) only €750 :D

040812doom3f.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

nm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ye, Its for sale in Xtra vision for €45. Now.

Sean

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    Hey MSCE buddy, lets talk about our acne together, maybe we could be screw some hot chicks too because everyone else is a loser but not us!
    MSCE?? I love the way trolls use their natural stupidity to lure you in!! :p:p :rolleyes:

It's a pity that you can't get the standard edition yet. Had a look at mx2 and the standard edition isn't going to sell until mid october (only 26 euros delivered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Im just waiting for the shops to open at 9, and my breakfast break at 9:30, then it will be mine! All mineeeee!!!!
    Dammit people keep asking me to do things tonight...im not leaving my house for the whole damn weekend! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shanerie

I see you have a holy cross and other iconry to ward off the evil
    spirits now lurking inside your pc ;)
    Sir Random wrote:
    Got mine today from Smyths!

DOOM3 Jumbo deluxe collector's edition (includes 6800 Ultra) only €750 :D

;)

Just got it from game henry st, and the cute girl who works there even gave me a free doom tshirt even tho i hadnt preordered :D Could this be the greatest day of my life??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I really shouldnt of ordered this from the webby expecting the game to be cheaper and get here at the release date :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just bought it there from Smyths. €40.49! Two posters and Two huge stickers!! :)

I'm Happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Deadwing wrote:
    Could this be the greatest day of my life??

If you're an amazingly sad person then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Hey Deadwing,

How much was it from the Hery St. branch - just got it on Grafton St for 49.99......and no cute girl nor T-shirt!!!!!

Bummer...

Rab.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    If you're an amazingly sad person then yes.
    Dr. Loon, keep your ignorant comments to yourself you humourless gimpchild.

@Rabid:
    Yeah, it was 49.99 in henry st too, and you only got the tshirt if you preordered, but i asked for one anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Bought the game this morning in Game on Grafton St. A dweeb working there told me yesterday that I couldn't book a copy as they had filled their quota (whatever that's supposed to mean) and that I should be there when they open the shop at 9 to grab a copy if I can.

The way he was talking I was expecting a monstrous queue. Got there at 9:15 and they were just opening the store -no queue. First customer in and loads of copies.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's a 5 euro discount on the Doom 3 official guide (RRP 20 euro) if you buy it with the game.

Advertisement