Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antes in Holdem

Options
  • 27-07-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I have been watching World Poker Tour on Challenge and I notice that in addition to the two blind bets, every player antes up. I don't think I've seen this anywhere else. Is this an American feature of playing poker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

It often happens towards the end of a large tournament. for the first levels, there are just blinds, then as the levels increase antes are introduced aswell. Changes the dynamic of the game slightly, though with so many chips out there not that much. Lights a fire under people's asses to pick up pots before the flop though, becuase not only do you already have a (albeit smaller) stake in the pot, there's also twice as much in the pot per hand as there would be with blinds alone.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, they've been suggested for the last few levels of our tournie and slow the rate of increase of the blinds... dunno what people feel about them. I've never played with them personally so I cant comment...

DeV.

Advertisement