Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will KOTOR 2 be better than original?

Options
  • 27-07-2004 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

KOTOR 2 is supposed to come out before Christmas so the way things are going at the mo you can basically assume that that means Christmas the following year. LucasArts have changed developer from BioWare (who rock!) to Activision (who...don't) Would someone explain to me the logic behind a change like this (besides money)? Surely if it's not broken you don't have to fix it and Knights was definitely not broken!
    When you look at Activisions track record of mediocore games it boggles the mind why this change was even considered!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I think I heard somewhere that actavision are using the bioware engine for the sith lords and are just remoddeling it, is there any truth in this statement , I'm not sure where I heard/read it, maybe PC gamer? but any how there are many proporous games on the horizon and for some reason I'm not really thinking about KOTOR 2..................cough..................... DOOM3...................cough........HALF LIFE (part deux).
    Richy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Revan

Yeah I heard the thing about the BioWare engine too, but I keep going back to Tomorrow Never Dies. Actavision put the whole Bond franchise back about 3 years with that mess! And Rare went forward with Perfect Dark which is still a great game even now. Not too hopeful about Doom3 myself. That smacks of flogging a dead horse. Half-Life will be good tho, no question. Can't be anything else given the history and all. But the one game I HAVE to get when it comes out is Halo 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cornflake666

KotOR 2 is being developed by Obsidian who are made up of ex Black Isle employes. Before Black Isle were shut down they made some brilliant RPGs like Planescape Torment (one of my favourite games) and the Fallout series. So no need to worry just yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Originally posted by -oRnein9-
    I think I heard somewhere that actavision are using the bioware engine for the sith lords and are just remoddeling it, is there any truth in this statement , I'm not sure where I heard/read it, maybe PC gamer? but any how there are many proporous games on the horizon and for some reason I'm not really thinking about KOTOR 2..................cough..................... DOOM3...................cough........HALF LIFE (part deux).
    Richy.

if only you had of played kotor you wouldnt have that terrible cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Originally posted by cornflake666
    KotOR 2 is being developed by Obsidian who are made up of ex Black Isle employes. Before Black Isle were shut down they made some brilliant RPGs like Planescape Torment (one of my favourite games) and the Fallout series. So no need to worry just yet.

Wow, so KOTOR 2 might actually be good!
    KOTOR 1 was typical Bioware fodder, deeply uninspiring tripe in other words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

KotOR was fantastic. Obsidian seem to going down the traditional route of more of the same, which is both a relief and a disappointment. It won't have the same impact on me as the first one, but considering the first one was terrific anyway, I'll be happy to play a by-the-numbers sequel.

Not out till Q1 2005 though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

kotor was one of my favourite games of last year !!! Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I have been waiting for that game since i heard about it i just cant ****ing wait kotor was such a great game in fact one of the best star wars games ever only matched by tie fighter and Dark forces 2 jedi knight - Story is what makes a sci-fi game!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

mayordenis: your sig rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by mayordenis
    if only you had of played kotor you wouldnt have that terrible cough.

AH but I did play it and completed it twice once as a light jedi and once as a dark jedi .......cough.........Revan/deathstar\\\bastila........Jolee,Carth you get the point.
    Richy...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stephen
    mayordenis: your sig rocks.

I was bout to say that ravans sig is brillent
    THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS!
    Originally posted by -oRnein9-
    AH but I did play it and completed it twice once as a light jedi and once as a dark jedi .......cough.........Revan/deathstar\\\bastila........Jolee,Carth you get the point.
    Richy...

I completed it 5 times as dark and 2 times as light cheated once as dark cheated once as light. actually i am bored at the mo i might play it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds

i'd agree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Id sorta agree, Baldurs Gate series is twice the game KOTOR was IMO, I really didnt think much of it, albiet it was better than NWN, which IMO was rather pap, far too short, and nothing worth mentioning that was great really.

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=swkotor_sithlords_640.mov

new KOTOR2 trailer, looks good the voice dosent sound to evil but it looks nice and decent story.

Advertisement