Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does broadband installation take?

• 27-07-2004 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am contemplating getting IBB breeze product but have heard that it can take the dummies a whole day to get it installed. I don't want to take a day off work. How long does it take with UTV/Esat BT etc?

Is it possible to get it done over a weekend? I've sent an email to IBB but alas not reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by smceneaney
    I am contemplating getting IBB breeze product but have heard that it can take the dummies a whole day to get it installed. I don't want to take a day off work. How long does it take with UTV/Esat BT etc?
    HomeBreeze installation involves someone getting up on your roof, installing an aerial and aligning it, and then running cables in your house - count on a couple of hours at least.

DSL connections, and Ripwave connections, are just "plug and play" - they don't need a technician. If you do need a technician, it suggests that you've got a non-standard configuration, which, by definition means that you can't predict how long it'll take, but, as they only charge you €99 for a technician install of DSL, it doesn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes on average.
    Is it possible to get it done over a weekend?
    I don't know, but I'd be surprised 9even though it would seem like an eminently sensible option).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

My IBB Breeze installation took 4 hours (including one to trace faulty wiring).
    I was happy with the work.
    However,actually getting them out to install the service took 7 weeks from application to arriving to install.
    Wasn't happy about that .
    Since installation I have been happy with the service but I am not a heavy user and am only getting used to the 'on at all times' ability

Advertisement