Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting bonds??

Options
  • 27-07-2004 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been on the lookout recently for rented accommodation and I have heard exiting/prospective housemates mention "bonds" in relation to deposits. Anyone come across this before and what the hell is it in relation to?

Cheers,

K-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

A posh word for a deposit, loike?

Isn't where the deposit is held by a third party, so nobody gets screwed unnecessarily when the lease comes to an end?

Big in Australia apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I haven't come across them, but a bond is usually a guarantee or similar froma third party to cover for default, so while the purpose is similar to a deposit, it protects the lanlord more and will therefore cost you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Victor
    I haven't come across them, but a bond is usually a guarantee or similar froma third party to cover for default, so while the purpose is similar to a deposit, it protects the lanlord more and will therefore cost you.

Me stands under. Thanks for the heads up Vic.

K-

Advertisement