Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondays Enterprise Episode (Klingons)

• 27-07-2004 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

Lo all.

Anyone else note that the Klingons had "cranial ridges" in the episode?

Shouldn't the Klingons have "normal" foreheads.
    I had thought that the ridges delveloped during the time between TOS and TNG?

So if Enterprise is set before TOS, those ridges should not be there. They would look like the Klingons from TOS . Just the Klingon dark skin.

Now did I miss something? Did the Enterprise jump forward in time for that episode?

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 drusilla

they make it up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol yeah just watched it last night with a friend, we both thought the same thing.

Only reference to it was worf's "we don't talk about it with outsiders" :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Lol, yeah I was sitting there thinking WTF?

Hmm, well it ain't a mistake according to startrek.com.
    (unless it was a mistake and they created the theory to cover it :) )
    EDIT: Linky to article

S.

Seems they had ridges long ago (even more so then now) then they lost them between the time of Enterprise and TOS.

Maybe they thought that people watching star trek today who are used to/only saw TNG/DS:9/Voy etc would not recognise them as Klingons without the
    ridges?
    So created the theory to support it.?

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Probbley will be explained by temperal cold war or elce klingons expermenting in genetic engenering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The term suspend belief comes to mind .......That’s the way klingons where always ment to look but 1960's makeup technology (er) wouldn’t allow it.....I would guess its as simple as that

i know its that simple but they will probbley try to explain it in the "star trek wourld"

Allot of thereys are proved wrong by the existence of Kor the Daha`r master the greatest klingon warrier bar KaLeas him self.

Kors appearence changed from TOS to DS9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The ship also looks alot better than the one in the original series. As do the uniforms, ship and effects, do you want them to use them also? Make up has come along way, the way the look in TNG is the way the would have looked in the original series if they had a way to do the make up, which they didnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This (the forehead question) was actually remarked on by O'Brien and Bashir in DS9's "Trials and Tribbleations" but the only answer was Worf's "It's not something we discuss with outsiders" so we may never know the Canon reason ...

• Advertisement

Well, according to the article I linked above.

It seems that back around first contact through to Kirk, the Klingons would regularly kidnap human kids and bring them back and raise them as Klingons. (explains the non-ridge Klingons in TOS who were actually human.)
    Then it seems the ridges came back though natural breeding etc and surgery.

Worf refers to it as "something we do not talk about" because "the klingon people view the mutation as a disgrace and avoid the discussion)

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i'd prefer less theories...

but that kor guy was the same actor playing the star trak and the ds9 kor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Did anyone see the episode last night on the sci-fi channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Did anyone see the episode last night on the sci-fi channel?

Didn't even know they had the rights to any Trek? Which episode/show was it?

Advertisement