Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation in Dubrovnik

• 27-07-2004 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

We have bought four flight only tickets to dubrovnik , leaving 7th August,

I'm wondering if there will be any trouble getting accommodation over there ? is it like greece where the local places meet you at the ferry/airport ?

or should we try to book online first ?? most of the hotels only take booking through on-line travel agents who seem to charge large middle man fee's

Thanks

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i got mine online, there's a hostel available for cheap www.hostelworld.com, you'll find it on most sites, i booked that for first 3 nights, rest i get over there, like greece, they meet you at ferry/port/bus station i believe. EUR 10 a night roughly, but i'd have something for the first night. Tourist office charge 30% extra but that not much if you get accommodation for dirt cheap off them. Tis a busy time and some places have limited places to stay due to the war (90s) so I'd recommend staying in nearby out of town villages (great bus service go to them), be careful of individuals offering accommodation at the side of the road though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

There's loads of accomodation to be got there. I was there in the 2nd week of August last year and there was no problem. There will be people at the bus station and the ferry station (not sure about the airport as I wasn't there). There will also be people on the street near the centre of town if you still haven't found a place.

Skud, why do you say to avoid these? As far as I could see a lot of people from Italy, Germany and Austria drive down to Dubrovnik and these people were doing much the same thing towards these people as the people at the stations were to does who came in through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

I am just back from dubrovnik yesterday, there is a lot of accomodation there.People will meet you at the airport , or sometimes the bus station as the airport is 22KM from the City.Try to get a place near the old town because some people get accomodation a couple of miles away and the are left walking up a couple of hundred steps every night on the way home.
    We asked to stay near the old town and paid just over 20 euro a night, we were 100 yards from 1 of the 2 night clubs there.You could get a place for about 15 euro a night but you could be a couple of miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Nice one folks ,

Skud - cheers for the link , sorted out our first nights accommodation through them , will book the rest when i'm there .

Glad it's like Greece , but it's nice to hear someone is just back from there and there is loads of places to stay ,

Fionn

Advertisement