Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype 1.0 released

• 27-07-2004 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right forum, but... Skype (the excellent p2p telephony app) has reached version 1.0.

used a previous version some months back for Skype-2-Skype calling on 56k modem and was really impressed. when i get broadband i can just imagine how clear the sound quality will be. great to have an app that can really make use of my new broadband connection when i get it, save me a lot of money on local (via Skype-2-Skype calling for those i know who also use it) but more importantly international calls thanks to their new SkypeOut calling rates...

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...and it's still not standards-compliant. It may not seem important now, but when KCN (and, I suspect, other community networks) start offering VoIP services, they won't be based on Skype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I have used this program for some time now calling m8s in belgium holland and canada and I think it works brilliant

Advertisement