Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a Vid Card Quick ..... HELP

Options
  • 30-05-1999 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Right I arrived here in the Sis's (DUB) gaff and her wee puter has some crap piece of graphics crap that runs tribes at about 5 FPS..

So I need / want / require URGENTLY a place / person, to get / sell / buy / swap / give me at least a Voodoo 1 4meg card... or where to buy summit very cheap until payday..

I know if I go into a puter shop I'm gonna do something really silly.. (oops there goes the beer money sad.gif ) so gimme some suggestions ppl.. thanks in advance quad.gif

YuM

P.S. Chung !, I is now a part of the 2nd evil empire .....

[This message has been edited by YuM (edited 30-05-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

umm..
    i think it was 80 pounds for a voodoo2 in GAMES ?!

that cheap enough ? if not...surry..can't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Rips right about the card in games - 12Mb Creative V2 for 79.99 - not much point buying anything less I think, unless you get some really ridiculous price ...

at 7.22am after the weekend we've had & with froggy being grouchy as hell & with me facing work I can't for the life of me figure out which company is the second evil empire ... not symantec is it?

a nice place with forklifts smile.gif tho they dont let programmers touch them - bah no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

what? its time for work already

contact teeth, he seems to have a whole room in his gaf dedicated to compu hardware

get the voodoo banshee 2D/3D card w. 16 megs on board 80 odd quid

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Umm yeah, there are 5 3Dfx cards lying around at home - all in use though. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Psssst. YuM, Email me, and I'll put you in touch with someone who can sort this out for you. I don't wanna include phone numbers on this post for obvious reasons.

*looks over shoulder and darts back into shadows* smile.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Fujitsu do a staggeringly good deal with an integrated 1MB video setup if you're interested. It's literally soldered onto your mobo and also doubles up as you're sound card (although you can't run both at once, obviously!)

Its only $60.00 and comes bundled with a super 386 SX 50, in a funky signed anti static bag.

Interested?

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i'll prob be ditching my 4mb riva 128 pretty soon...so its free to anyone who wants it. Otherwise it goes in the bin (literally)

"The Electric Mayhem: Unplugged & Asleep"
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    homepage.tinet.ie/~robertg/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Are yez sorted? smile.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yum

I have a 12MB Voodoo2 for Sale drop us a mail @ pkane @indigo.ie and we can discuss price. If your on the Southside I can drop it over.

I upgraded to a Voodoo3 3000 thats why I have it to spare.

Gandalf.

Advertisement