Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Haire will be heading to K1 as a mixed martial arts fighter.

• 27-07-2004 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Yes folks. That roids congested guy otherwise known as Sean O'Haire will be fighting ina a K-1 mixed martial arts event. For those who don't know what K-1 is, it's the biggest combat competition in the east consisting of kickboxers, muay thai ect..

Recently they have introduced an MMA show (similar to Pride FC) and Sean O'Haire will be fighting in it. Pro-wrestlers generally don't do well in MMA - Sakuraba is the exception. Nathan Jones was tapped out by a can in the very first Pride FC. Bam Bam Bigelow was also destroyed in an MMA fight.

I don't know who his opponent is but keep your eye out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Hasn't he already? He fought at the New Japan Nexess event as a fighter coming from K1 IIRK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bob (I can only fight properly for one round) ' The Beast ' Sapp eh ?

Originally posted by smiaras
    That would be him :D He'll huff and he'll puff and he'll blow your house down.

Most entertaining moment in K1, think it was last year, was when they tried to set up the fight between Sapp and Tyson... much ado about nothing

aye I remember that .

Sapp is also a bit thick , and has got himself disquaolified a few times .

I would love to see him fight Botha .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

What channel is K1 on?...I heard about the Tyson story a good while ago, I would have loved to have seen it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No thats not the guy, Bob Sapp in New Japan can't even fight properly for one round!
    Bob (I can only fight properly for one round) ' The Beast ' Sapp eh ?

In one match with Sapp as he pinned his opponent he actually lifed his arm and shoulder up so his shoulders weren't pinned. The ref still had to count to three though, it was so funny

Originally posted by smiaras
    You can catch it on Eurosport on friday nights sometimes as part of their fight club presentation

BTW if you thought Sapp was bad, Botha sux even more...sums up how bad heavyweight boxing is atm.

well Sapp wasnt a boxer he was a football player , but if you mean Botha being a fromer heavyweight champion(one of the versions of the title ,theres about six that people count as proper titles) then ya .

Klitshko isnt so bad though , I knew he would beat Sanders .(and boy he gave Sanders a beating alright)

Advertisement